Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You may of read my other (rather long) post that went up the other day. Well since then I have been to the track again (lastnight 8/6/05). I have a FM 5-speed tC with CAI and axle back exhast w/ Tein s-tech lowering springs. I guess I'm becoming alittle bit of a track junky, but everytime I go, I learn alittle and improve my times alittle. Last time I ran at fastest a 15.84 sec 1/4 mile, but my times were inconsistent (as slow as 16.38s). This time, I really figured out the tree and was able to get at best a 15.68s 1/4 mile with a .528 reaction time. Also I was alot more consistent, running on average a 15.8s. I just love learning to drive my car fast!
Also, it's cool to brag when you win on the street, but to me their are to many variables. He started creeping off the red light, or rushed the third horn. On the track it's just me and him with that beautiful lighted tree, and a slip to prove who won in the end. Most importantly it's much safer then running on the street. I only put my life at risk.

Anyway back to the races. It was a slow night so I got to walk around and check out other peoples cars and ask them what they were running. As long as it wasn't an STi or Camaro or something like that I would ask them if they wanted to race. I told them that I was tired of getting beat up by Mustang GT's allnight, and the feeling was mutual. All of my races tonight were light hearted and purely for fun, and I was able to talk to the drivers after each race.

My first race of the night: 1999 Eclipse Turbo AWD
And the winner......the Eclipse (not suprisingly)
Times: Eclipse-15.356s, Me-15.686s
I was suprised that he only won by .3s

Next, me verses an early 90s Civic HB with a B16 engine and I/H/E
And the winner......the Civic (must be nice to race with a car that weighs between 2300-2400lbs according to the driver)
Times: Civic-15.247s, Me-15.995s

Third and fourth race, me verses a 1992 Integra w/o the v-tec engine. He knew that I would win, but had just bought this car, so had not timed it yet. A really nice guy and we chatted for a while before he asked me to race.
First race between me and him, the winner...... well me (he said that he didn't even get to rev his engine)
Times: Me-15.712s, Integra-17.709s
Second race, the winner.......well me again (he can only do so much to that non-vtec engine)
Times: Me-15.699s, Integra-16.869s

Next race came to me. Was talking to a guy about his Cavalier (just a coupe with the 2.2 liter eco-tech, SR intake, exhaust and body-kit) I ask him if he wants to race, and he says sure, but his friend cuts in and asks what I'm running. I tell him a Scion tC with bolt ons. He says that's not fair and asks me if I want to race. I say sure and ask him what he's driving, he tells me a Cavalier also. I take a quick look at his ride, a 4 door totally stock looking 4-speed AUTOMATIC affair. I ask him what he's running under the hood, he tells me a 2.4 liter 4-cyl transplanted from what I think he said was a SVT-Focus. He's also got a SR intake and no muffler. "That's it" he said......he lied.
And the Winner.....The automatic Cavalier?
Times: Cavalier-15.277s?, Me-15.759s
Totally beat him off the line, and thought to myself, got this in the bag. By the 1/8 mile, he's right beside me. By the end, about a full car length ahead. Throughout the whole race I'm thinking, there's no way a N/A Cavalier could be pulling on me like this, gotta be a turbo. Turns out to be Nitrous. When we pulled around he admitted to me that he lied. He knew what a tC could run, so he had to spray on me. His best w/o NOS was a 16.1s run and he didn't want to lose. He was shooting a "hundred shot" whatever that means. Didn't feel bad at all to lose to him. This is drag racing, if you have an advantage, use it.

Last race of the night, gotta make it a good one. Found a Civic Si to race. It had a full body kit, I/H/E and some pretty sweet rims and tires. Figured it would be a classic Honda vs Toyota race with pretty equal cars, and a great way to end the night, win or lose. I was right, it was a great race.
And the Winner........ME! Oh yeah, the tC comes out on top!
Times: Me-15.989s, Civic Si-16.228s
I'll have to admit that he was kind of a new driver and I believe him when he said that "his boy" (that's a much better driver) has run a 15.9s 1/4 mile with this car. But hey, I can run a 15.6s 1/4 mile with my tC. Nevertheless, a great last run of the night against a worthy foe, plus a win to boot! I could go home happy.

Well there it is, quite a novel of a post, but you got 5 full race stories. Some wins, some losses. Nevertheless, more kills for the tC! Thanks for you time.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
8 dollars to get in. No charge to race!

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
cool... i wish there was a 1/4 mile track around here

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Originally posted by Lambi4Life@Aug 7 2005, 09:23 PM
8 dollars to get in. No charge to race!
Sweet! I wish there were more tracks like this around. It would certainly take the fun out of street racing. I've never forgotten the ration of crap I got at Sac Raceway when I brought my bike and it didn't meet NHRA standards (because it was my street bike, I had no intentions of meeting NHRA standards either). Glad to hear you have a no hassles inexpensive place to race. That ROCKS!

·
Registered
832 Posts
Wow. Eight bucks. That's great for keeping street racing to a minimum. The tracks around here are all $25.00. Still worth it and I see plenty of street racer types there every time I go with my Maverick.
Glad to see them even if they do spend more time playing their in car Nintendos than racing.

·
Registered
539 Posts
tracks around here are 37 bucks...cheap crap...the track is called Rock falls located in Wisconsin...it sucks also

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The track I race at is "Hawaii Raceway Park." Yup, the track is only 8 bucks to get in and you can race all night for free (well till they close at Midnight). All you need is a drivers licence, long pants, and closed toe shoes, and you need to sign a waiver. They require you to wear a helmet if you can run faster then 14 seconds.

Wow I'm suprised how much you guys have to pay to race. Figured 8 dollars was a good deal, but $25-$37? Wouldn't you think that it would cost a butt load in Hawaii?

It's probably pretty cheap here in Hawaii because there's kind of a street racing problem. Not to be stereotypical, but there are a lot of Japanese Imports here because there are a lot of Japanese people here in Hawaii
(I'm Asian so I can tease myself)

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Oh yeah, and the track is at a very low altitude (pretty much sea level). The beach is like a half mile away. So I can cruise at the beach during the day, and race all night! It Rocks to live in Hawaii!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Originally posted by Lambi4Life@Aug 8 2005, 10:48 PM
Oh yeah, and the track is at a very low altitude (pretty much sea level). The beach is like a half mile away. So I can cruise at the beach during the day, and race all night! It Rocks to live in Hawaii!
that's always a good thing. LACR here in the a.v. is about 3,200 ft. above sea level

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.