Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I finally decided to take my tC to the dragstrip. All I have on the car is a glass pack. So here's my numbers... by the way its a 1/8 of a mile track....

1st run - Reaction - 0.8906 2nd run - missed 2nd gear and gave up haha - 0.93
60 Ft. - 2.42 - 2.63
330 Ft. - 6.71 - 8.18
1/8 Et - 10.34 - 13.73
1/8 mph - 67.44 - 37.40

took off my stock air filter 3rd run - Reaction - .98
60 Ft. - 2.33
330 Ft. - 6.63
1/8 Et - 10.22
1/8 Mph - 69.56

I thought I did good for the first time.... tell me what you all think.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
I second the reaction time thing, but that will just take practice. You really have to get to know your car before you can really nail reaction time. Sounds like an excuse to go to the track more to me

...also im intrigued to know what the glasspack sounds like, care to share?

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
taking out the air filter really helped.. im surprised

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I appreciate all the comments and I agree I do need to work on the reaction time.

My glass pack actually sounds really good, a little bit of rice and a little bit of muscle at the same time. Its not whiny and high pitched at all. I've never heard the TRD exhaust so I have no idea how it compares to my glass pack. I'll try to get some vids but I have no idea how to.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
If you care about winning a race....work on your reaction

If you just want a good 1/4 mile time, you can completely disregard that. Reaction time has nothing to do with your 1/4 time[/b]
^^^What are you talking about??
?? Reaction time is always important, it has nothing to do with length of race. A good reaction time will flow into other things, like time between shifts and is very important and in a slower car like the tC could cut close to a second or two off of the quarter mile time.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
RT means nothing to ET. That's what he means. ET starts when you cut the beam, not when the light turns green. It's entirely unimportant to the numbers, but it will lose the race if you are competing. If you are tuning your engine, who cares about RT or ET? The only thing important to tuning your engine is trap speed mph.

And no, RT doesn't flow into shift speed. Also, if you are losing a second or two to shift speed, you need to graduate from farm implements to automobiles. Losing a second because you shift slow is unimaginable on anything without a PTO drive.

·
Registered
185 Posts
1/8th of a mile track or 1/4? I have only seen videos of drag tracks and see people with their ballsy cars and 8-9-10 second times, but have never been to one in person. Are these 1/8th of a mile ?

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Originally posted by Lilflip041786@Jul 1 2005, 10:22 PM
Well I finally decided to take my tC to the dragstrip. All I have on the car is a glass pack. So here's my numbers... by the way its a 1/8 of a mile track....

1st run - Reaction - 0.8906 2nd run - missed 2nd gear and gave up haha - 0.93
60 Ft. - 2.42 - 2.63
330 Ft. - 6.71 - 8.18
1/8 Et - 10.34 - 13.73
1/8 mph - 67.44 - 37.40

took off my stock air filter 3rd run - Reaction - .98
60 Ft. - 2.33
330 Ft. - 6.63
1/8 Et - 10.22
1/8 Mph - 69.56

I thought I did good for the first time.... tell me what you all think.
read the bold

·
Registered
185 Posts
Like I said, I've always heard people talking about quarter miles, etc. I didn't know if it was a typo or not. I don't know anything about drag strips, etc.

·
Premium Member
1,713 Posts
1/4 mile is pretty big..... The ones that I've been to are all 1/8 mile & everyone there runs 7,8,9,10's... except for the big dogs IYKWIM. So more than likely the people that are bragging with cars like ours... it's a 1/8 mile track & they just don't know what they're talking about.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
not bad, but I am sure you can get your trap time above 69mph. If our cars do 0-60 in 7.3 seconds that means that in 3 seconds you only gained 9mph... of course in a perfect world. Good runs though, definitely not bad for your first time out. Keep it up!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I went to Track a few months back.First time there and my only mod was the TRD exhaust.I need to go back tho' cuz i recently just got Springs installed.

Reaction=.813
E.T.=16.3
MPH=82.7

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.