Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm driving down Douglas blv in snoby Granite Bay, and this guy maybe 400 yards back is weveing in and out of trafic to get up on me. So finally I move over to the outher lane so he can matchup next to me. I look over and It's one of my good friends from school in his new tiberon V6 6 speed. I yell "we can do this anytime you don't have to kill yourself to get next to me." He says why not now? So the light turns green and he smokes his tires for a sec while I went for a more relaxed start so not to lose power in a tire spin. For a sec he was only about half a car lengh behind but at around 45 Im really starting to pull hard. And by 70 im a car and 1/2 lengh ahead. And by 80 I cut it to be safe. He ended up tellin at the am/pm five min later that he really tried but wanted a rematch when he and I get our sc's.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Sounds pretty interesting. We need to organize a Sactown tC meet at Sac Raceway. Even if it's just a Grudge match night, it'll be fun.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Driver afraid to dirve the engine properly, manufacturing tolerances (his is unusually slow, it happens), lots of other possible explanations. I don't know the Tiburon design, but given Hyundai's reputation, it's very possible his car is just plain down on power. Or maybe you got an especially good tC!

Honestly, the only way to know how much power YOUR car has is to dyno it. I've seen TT Supras dyno as low as 270 and as high as 340 on Dynojet dynos on the same day, both cars were bone stock running 93 octane.

·
Registered
180 Posts
maybe just good driving on your part and not so well on his? tiburons should be able to hit low 15's with a good driver.

lo bux racer, i'm a part of www.newtiburon.com, so if you're wondering about it maybe you can look around there

people complain about the tibs v6 being too underpowered stock, since it's supposed to be like a suv engine? but they respond quite well to mods, so really it's just a matter of the expansion of the aftermarket to get things going for them.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
I usually look at boring stuff to figure out engines, like bore and stroke, rod length, valve sizes and included angle, compression ratios, block configuration, number of bolts in the main caps, crank designs, and if I can find one, some pictures of the intake and exhaust ports. That usually tells me a lot about the potential an engine has for development.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Dirty, numb, and with frozen hands from holding a die grinder and trying to help a carbide bit find the potential the designers left out. Yes, that would be me.

·
Premium Member
7,429 Posts
Originally posted by Ryan'sTc@Feb 24 2005, 08:52 PM
snoby Granite Bay
just because the people in Granite Bay have money it doesn't mean that they are all snobby. in fact, it seems like the people with less money are far more snobby and irratating. They are wanna be richers.

oh, yeah. you kick that guys ass when you get the s/c. You should buy it from us by the way.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
L.A.? Lousy a55holes?

·
Registered
658 Posts
hahah this is funny. But yeah this is a good topic thanks for sharing with us ur exp its nice to know that i could take on on V6 car with my VVT-i 2.4 engine. Next time when i get on teh traffic light and see a tiburon next to me i'll race him, up till now i was afraid to race any V6 cars but if you see you beat the guy i'll try to beat a tiburon myself.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Isn't the 328 an I-6?

<--Sarcastic bastard.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Originally posted by nacafresh@Mar 14 2005, 06:08 PM
dont think u can beat any v6 son. my friends 328 (bmw) rips. sooo fast. i get left i nthe dust.
You didn't just compare a B.M.W. straight six to a Hyundai V6 that was designed for SUV's, did you. Trust me I know how to drive and If you think all six cylinder engines are alike your truly lost.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.