Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lets see, this marks the 3rd week since I ordered my tC so it should arrive someday this week, well it started around $16 thousand but, I kinda sort of added over $6000 worth of options on it, lmao....

The Specs:

Black Sand Pearl
5 Speed Manual

- Borla Cat Back Exhaust
- Carbon Fiber Applique-B Piller
- Carpet Mats/Cargo Mat
- Driver & Front Pass Seat Bolster Side
- Fog Lights
- Interior Lights- BLUE
- Rear Bumper Applique
- Rear Lip Spoiler
- Self-Dimming Mirror w/ Homelink & Map Lights
- Sports Pedals by OBX Racing Sports
- tC Ground Effects Kit
- Toyo Guard Plus Protection Group
- Windo Tint
- OBX Classic Leather Shift Nob
- Wheel Locks

TOTAL: $21,439

The same week I'm getting a $500 Viper Alarm system at Best Buy on my discount since I work there for $177.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, today sucks the day I'm supposed to get my tC, I'm sure your like well why does that suck, well I'll tell you my tC came in and everything and it was BSP, manual, and a tC lol but only one tiny thing it had none of the $6000 worth of options I asked for on it. So they had to order a new one and thats gonna be another 3 or 4 ####ing weeks as you can understand I am really ticked right now.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Um, since they're all dealer-installed options (except for side airbags), why would they have to order a new one??

·
Registered
18 Posts
Find a new dealer...I have 5 of them within a half of an hour drive here. That dealer should have bent over backwards for you with all those options. Their body shop could have done most of that work in minimal time.

I'd send Scion corporate a nice little letter, too...complain about that dealer. The squeaky wheel gets the grease. You may even get some goodies outta it.

Or...listen to moriarty.

·
Premium Member
7,429 Posts
yeah, listen to mori.

The dealership can install EVERYTHING with three exceptions.

color
transmission
side curtain airbags.

now that being said, was there another reason they did not want to do the installs?

seeing how the money in these cars come from the accessories.....
if there was a good reason they did not do it (ie. too much money to get approved etc...) then they did their job.

if not.... well, you know my thoughts on that.

I personally cannot thing of one good reason, besides money, not to sell people options.

this really begs the question "Is there more to this story than what meets the eye?"

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Maybe they tried installing the stuff on the first car...realized that they had a bunch of idiots working for them that screwed it up, and now he has to "wait" for another car to come in?

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Weird. They wouldn't install them? Or offer them? Huh. My dealership installed stuff I bought from Ken...I didn't think they would but they had to since it was a Toyota part. LoL. But to not sell the accessories?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.