Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been dreading it for a while......the time where i simply CAN NOT stand to have my roof pop/rattle as much as it is. Every morning (since its very cold here now) it just rattles constanly......if i move in my seat it even rattles.

So, I made an appointment with the dealer to get it fixed. Every day that it is out of my possesion is a bigger chance for scratches/dings to be put in the otherwise flawless paint. I cringe at the thought of leaving it in close proximity to other vehicles, but I must. So wish me lucky fellow tC'ers...........ill need it. -t

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
Best of luck man. Since I put my springs in, my pop has gotten more noticeable. I tighted the bolts they outline in the TSB, and is has helped a bit. Its definitely liveable right now.

The hatch rattle I've got, on the other hand...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Originally posted by TCrazy@Oct 19 2004, 02:44 PM
Ive been dreading it for a while......the time where i simply CAN NOT stand to have my roof pop/rattle as much as it is. Every morning (since its very cold here now) it just rattles constanly......if i move in my seat it even rattles.

So, I made an appointment with the dealer to get it fixed. Every day that it is out of my possesion is a bigger chance for scratches/dings to be put in the otherwise flawless paint. I cringe at the thought of leaving it in close proximity to other vehicles, but I must. So wish me lucky fellow tC'ers...........ill need it. -t
I know that feeling. All I can say is it's up to the hands of god now. but don't worry too much, everything will be ok.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Originally posted by Wolo@Oct 19 2004, 02:57 PM
Best of luck man. Since I put my springs in, my pop has gotten more noticeable. I tighted the bolts they outline in the TSB, and is has helped a bit. Its definitely liveable right now.

The hatch rattle I've got, on the other hand...
Well, I have done my search and I can't find it. Where is the TSB for tightening the bolts?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Jesus christ i have sooo many rattles/ pops in my roof. 4k miles now.

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
Originally posted by GA tC@Oct 19 2004, 05:55 PM
Well, I have done my search and I can't find it. Where is the TSB for tightening the bolts?

Thanks!
I saw it sometime last week over at Scionlife. I'll see if I can find it again.

It might not have even been the TSB, but someone else's recommendation in a thread about the TSB. I can't remember any more.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Originally posted by QuadinScionTC@Oct 19 2004, 05:45 PM
Jesus christ i have sooo many rattles/ pops in my roof. 4k miles now.
Do any mods? Like Wolo, my pops increased when I worked on the suspension. I added the TRD sway bar. With the old SB, very few pops. With the new one in street setting, more pops. Put it in race and even more.

It would appear that stiffening up the car cause consequences in other areas. The lack of flex shows up in the sun roof.

Personally, I am copascetic with it at 4K miles. I'd rather have the handling and a load radio takes care of the rest!

Cheers!

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Virtually no noise of any kind for me at 2,800 miles.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
A question for the dealership guys in here. As far as I know....they will take care of my hatch rattles with a "rattle kit" right, and it consists of just styrofoam or some type of padded tape>>>>>>???? . -t

·
Registered
614 Posts
good luck with all that T. hopefully you have a good dealer so everything will be fine.

·
Registered
117 Posts
make sure you post the results of what the dealer thinks is causing it.
Sounds like a bunch of tc owners are having that same problem. Maybe
thats way Scion is going with a hard top next year.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Well check the rumorville.....that's the word on the street! I should have said, Scion is thinking about going with a hardtop..

We can go by the facts.
1. TC owners are having sunroof problems, not closing properly, wind noises at high speeds when closed, rattling around, etc. Maybe Scion knows about this already. Which leads you back to rumorville!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts