Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
yeah i have the 2006 and i cant figure it out either i will let you know how when i find out and you do the same ok??

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Weird.. I didnt see that with the manuals. I wonder if the dealer didnt put it in the car. If someone has it handy and has a '06, can they post the steps in their manual? Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
580 Posts
**Not sure if its the same with the standard radios as it is with the Ipod radios**

This is taken from the Owner's Manual of the AM/FM/CD Player with iPod Control.

Changing the Welcome Screen

With the main unit switched on after pressing the Power button, once the key is turned from the ACC position to the off postion and back to ACC again , "SCION" is displayed as the Welcome Screen. Users can edit the text themselves to make another Welcome Screen, as an alternate to the default "SCION" display. Up to a maximum of 16 characters can be displayed. The procedure is described below.

1. Moving to "Customize Mode" to Enable Editing
1. With the main unit on, turn the key from the ACC position to the off position.
2. On the main unit, press and hold MUTE button then turn the key to ACC. The horizontal line in the LCD display will start flashing.
3. Within 15 sec. after confirming the horizontal line is flashing, press and hold the PRESET 1 button then turn the key to the OFF position. (If 15 sec. elapses before you complete the button presses, "TIME OUT" will be displayed and the unit will beep twice. If this occurs, repeat the procedure from Step 1).
This completes shifting to the customize mode.

2. Editing the Text
After completeing the shift to customize mode, a flashing cursor shows the letter that can be edited by selecting a letter starting from "A".

The letter selection method is described below. The time allowed for editing is limited to 60 sec. oh dam I didnt read that
1. Press the PRESET 3 or 4 buttons to change the flashing letter by displaying other letters one by one. The letters will change continuously if you press and hold the PRESET 3 or 4 button.

List of the letters and numbers than can be selected.
Uppercase letters (A to Z)
Lowercase letters (a to z)
Numbers 0 to 9, spaces, symbols (!"# and so on)

2. With the character that you want to select displyed, press the PRESET 6 button to select it.

After selectin the character, the cursor moves to the right so you can edit the next character. After you select the 16th character, the entire line starts flashing.

To delete a selected character, press the PRESET 5 button. After you delete a character the cursor shifts left so you can edit the previous character. If you delete all the text, you can edit from the first character.

3. After you are finished selecting the text for the line, press and hold down the PRESET 6 button.

The selected text string is regitered as the Welcome Screen. The customize mode ends and the registered text string is displayed for 6 sec.

Sorry for any mispellings on my part. I typed this directly from the manual. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
123 Posts
That was awesome of you Pinky to type that! Hey CONGRATS on your car!!

·
Registered
126 Posts
thanks for typing that out... i will try it on my 06 non ipod pioneer... i will let you know if it works!

·
Registered
520 Posts
I knew as soon as I asked a question about this, I'd find the answer in another topic. I've been on the 'net since the late 80's, been a modertor and I STILL manage to pull a newbie. Dammit. Sorry. Still to cold outside to fiddle with all those buttons and try it out.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.