Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i get a weird buzzing noise from where the defogger comes out of when im on the freeway. it sounds like a huge fly is stuck under my dash. anyone else have this problem or have an idea of what it could be?

·
Premium Member
16,504 Posts
I had to have my blower motor replaced due to a sound uit was making. Does the sound speed up when you increase the fan speed?

·
Registered
372 Posts
Originally posted by ocscion@Jul 26 2005, 06:20 PM
i get a weird buzzing noise from where the defogger comes out of when im on the freeway. it sounds like a huge fly is stuck under my dash. anyone else have this problem or have an idea of what it could be?
Ok, fess up. What or who did you hit?

Sorry mon, I have not heard that. Keep us posted!

Dan

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by Plissken@Jul 26 2005, 07:23 PM
I had to have my blower motor replaced due to a sound uit was making. Does the sound speed up when you increase the fan speed?
i wouldnt say it does, but it only seems to happen when i have the ac on. i shut off the ac and fans but it will continue making the noise for a while, so i dont think it has to do with fan speed. the noise seem to be louder when i accelerate, but not all the time. one time i heard it even when the ac or fan wasnt on. seems to be random but occurs more when the ac is on.

·
Registered
15,001 Posts
we had the same problem, they were gonna replace the blower motor but it went away.

·
Registered
453 Posts
mine was the opposite, i found a huge fly, bout the size of ur average house cat......

·
Registered
453 Posts
^ sorry i had to

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
I had the fly noise today and discovered the trim around the windshield on the driver's side is torn. There is a metal reinforcement molded into the rubber strip, and it cracked, then completely broke. Now whenever I am going 65 - 70 mph, it buzzes like a giant fly. It doesn't sound like it's coming from the defroster though, it very much sounds like it's coming from the top of the windshield (and it is).

I took some pics of it today, I'll post them and update this with a link.

Link to pics. Scroll to the bottom, there are three pics of the weather strip, two are IIP, the other is FM. It should be obvious what the problem is.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i checked closer and the buzz is indeed coming from the sunroof area on the driver side where lobux said. however, i checked that thing outside and it doesnt seem to be broken, it doesnt lift up. it seems normal yet still gettin that annoying buzz everytime i hit 90mph. i wish i could seal somethin up with something like silicon or sumn.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
They replaced my trim and the windshield. Damn the bad luck, I just had the old one nicely Rain-X'd.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Hmm... I gotta check mine tomorrow to see if my trim is broken too... I have the same high pitch buzzing noise when I go over 70 mph. In my opinion, it is coming from the top of the windshield... at least thats where I think the noise is loudest. I took it into the shop one time and the service dude took it out for a drive and said he didn't hear anything and blew me off. Oh well... thanks for the pics.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
That's what warranty is for. I let them decide what they need to do.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.