Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so i looked over the manual and didn't really find anything so Im hopin you guys could help me out. Whenever I have my air off and the *air circulation* buttion on ( the one under the *off* button ), everything is fine. However, if I have the air off and that button off, whenever my car is in motion hot air comes through the vents. Anyoneone else gettin this? And if so, is it normal?

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
It's normal if you're driving. Air's coming in and it's essentially forcing it's way through the vents. When you have the recirculation button on (the one under the A/C), it cuts off the outside air and recirculates the air inside.

You had the heat on or something right? Oh wait.. Miami.... warm air. That explains it.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
We had a heated discussion about it a year or so ago. One guy was trying to tell everybody that none of his previous cars did it (let air through when recirc was off). Majority vote concluded that most cars actually do this and it's normal.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Originally posted by JP'sTc@Jan 10 2006, 07:09 PM
Ok, so i looked over the manual and didn't really find anything so Im hopin you guys could help me out. Whenever I have my air off and the *air circulation* buttion on ( the one under the *off* button ), everything is fine. However, if I have the air off and that button off, whenever my car is in motion hot air comes through the vents. Anyoneone else gettin this? And if so, is it normal?
yes JP it's normal.. most of (if not all) the japanese cars do this.. so don't worry, it's completely normal..

·
Registered
35 Posts
do people suggest have the air circulation on or off when the ac is off?

--b--

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the replies guys, i tried a search but nothin came up so i appreciate it.

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
I like to keep it on - so i don't get too hot if the heat's on. It tends to cause the windows to fog for me, though.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
It's a vent -- all cars have them. If they didn't, there would be no button to turn off recirculation.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Originally posted by BeLLeSe@Jan 10 2006, 08:38 PM
do people suggest have the air circulation on or off when the ac is off?

--b--
well anything you want, but before you park, turn it back to fresh air.. it's because if the a/c is left in recirc and it sits there, no fresh air to vent.. the a/c can get that whole mildew smell going on in the hvac system.. not nice to have..

so just fresh air when you park..

·
Registered
675 Posts
i remember my old civic's manual said to keep it on cold when shutting it off, so that the radiator fluid wouldn't get diverted to the heater core while the car was off (a valve allows coolant into the heater core).. and i've been in the habit since.. that's my 2 cents..

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
I don't think it matters. I leave it on heat right now cuz I have a remote starter and it's wintertime.

·
Registered
41 Posts
i remember seing other cars (mostly domestic) not having the circulation option. i've seen 99% of the imports having the circulation option (may be just incase someone opens a can of poisonous gas we dont have to inhale it)
and also having the circulation button on ON it allows the AC to produce more cold air into the car, but if moist has to be removed it has to be on OFF

sweet huh dont have to suffocate those poisonous gas, good thing i gots me a TC

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Hmm. It's recirculation, not circulation, and I've never seen a domestic without the recirc option if it has a/c.

·
Registered
41 Posts
hmm..weird coz when we were driving w/ a ford truck and cars and we were passing this area where theres like this cow farm, i pressed every single knob & button but the smell of the cow s was still coming in through the vent.
but when we were using import cars tada no smell.. weird

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.