Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the wear proof mat that was noticed on the RS tC is now a standard item on all tC's. my guess is that they noticed people were complaining, and made a change. this sounds like warranty stuff to me. i am going to talk to my service guys about it. i was able to warranty out Eric's replacement drivers mat, so i dont see why we cant. i will let you know. in any event, they are at least available for purchase, though i dont know that you can order just one mat. i will post more after investigation.
d.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
We need to push for a tsb or something - all they need to offer is the replacement insert, even for some nominal fee, like $10-15 to cover the cost.

Anyway, that would teach me not to buy first year cars. Sure.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for the confidence. carlos is in tomorrow, and i will be having that discussion with him. i'll let you know.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
D, I wasn't talking about you specifically, I was talking about impossibility of getting it done on the Toyota level.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
oh, my "thanks for the confidence " was to wolo for his post above it. sorry for the confusion, i didnt take it personal at all. i agree the chances of a tsb for it are slim to none. however, this could well be a dealer good faith type thing. we are going to try to warranty erics, and see what happens. we may just end up eating the cost of it. but, thats the kind of good faith i would want to see. if it were up to me, i would send a new driver's side carpeted insert to every one i have sold a tC to.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
I actually have a dealership salesguy in ATL who owes me a huge ass favor... New carpet insert!

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
I go back to my local Toy dealer tomorrow to pick up a replacement insert for the driver's side-- mine wore through in 23 days. Of course, Service Manager Guy asked if my wife wore high heels... like it would matter, the car has 1200 miles on it.

They went on to say "we've sold a bunch of those (tCs), and we've never seen that happen." The old Special Forces Sevice Dept. Training: deny everything.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
23 days is really fast. I could definitely use a new one. Can't believe mine looks like it does after only 5 months.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
8600 miles, almost 9 months - the carpet is still in decent shape. I honestly don't have a case to get the new insert for free. But it's all my fault - being careful and all.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
I'm glad that i'm not the only one with this problem. Mine has two huge holes right down to the bottom, i've had it like this for a few months now. I think it only took, like, 3 months for it to start wearing down. I thought that I was doing something wrong, thought maybe it's my shoes (i wear dress shoes to work that have a tough leather heel) but I sure am glad i'm not the only case. Gonna pester my dealer tomorrow into getting me a replacement, he at least owes me that. (I referred my sister to him into buying a 2005 corolla from him).

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
When I was at my dealership yesterday, I asked about the new mats, and they didn't know what I was talking about. I got the service manager to warranty the mats for me, so they have a new set on order. Whether or not they are the new ones or not, I don't know.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
region says it will have to be a good faith effort on behlaf of your dealers. i managed to get eric's and mine warrantied, so if you are having ridiculous wear issues, then take it in. if its normal wear and tear - then be a stand up guy and just fork over the dough for a new mat. when they were ordered for us, they were the new mats. so, there you go. hopefully your dealer is cool.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.