Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a scion recently and i have to park it out side and near a school. i have noticed water spots that wont come out. with some further investigation i have found out that sprinklers that turn on next to my car use recycled water. Also i worry about kids in the neighborhood keying my car. i want a good car cover but i need some suggestions and testimonials. Thanks in advance - Brandan

·
Registered
218 Posts
AGREED ^^ which thats why i would be getting a security camera watching my car all hours of the night so if that little #### does key your car you can prosecute him and you have evidence. not that exspensive to buy one security camera and a vcr plus a small tv to set up, but thats my opinion.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Can I give you a piece of advice? Don't get a car cover. Once you get dirt or dust under it, and you go to put it on your car (everyday it sounds like) that dust and dirt will end up scratching your car to hell. Just park somewhere away from the sprinklers, and hope ppl. don't mess w/ your car. If it was me I'd be more mad knowing I scratched it than some faceless jerk.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Originally posted by viva_la_tc@Feb 13 2006, 08:13 AM
Can I give you a piece of advice? Don't get a car cover. Once you get dirt or dust under it, and you go to put it on your car (everyday it sounds like) that dust and dirt will end up scratching your car to hell. Just park somewhere away from the sprinklers, and hope ppl. don't mess w/ your car. If it was me I'd be more mad knowing I scratched it than some faceless jerk.
The correct answer is to get one of those brushes used to brush the dust off your car. Pull in, dust the car off, and put the cover on. I did that for almost a year with no issues.

The car cover saved the tC as I had to park it under an oak tree. Man, those acorns can dent if you do not have a cover on. Maybe it was angry squirrels.
But the cc worked very well.

But now I have a car and the car cover waits.

Cheers!!

·
Registered
445 Posts
I used this for my water spots it works great. CLICKY Don't put a cover on it, then people see the cover and say "what kinda car is that" and then they go over and start messing with it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
quick questions for any floridians: have any of u guys used a car cover during a hurricane? i mean i'm planning on getting one anyways just because of the flying death shingles. killed my last car with deep scratches. i mean its not going to help with falling trees but at least the shingles wont harm my new baby.

·
Registered
6,072 Posts
Originally posted by karthur13@Jun 20 2006, 02:50 AM
quick questions for any floridians: have any of u guys used a car cover during a hurricane? i mean i'm planning on getting one anyways just because of the flying death shingles. killed my last car with deep scratches. i mean its not going to help with falling trees but at least the shingles wont harm my new baby.
I don't live in Florida, and I don't have a car cover, but... I was thinking about getting one for hail. Someone suggested one time that you can put a bunch of pillows underneath the car cover and that would help protect from hail (or hurricane debris). A car cover alone wouldn't help much from most falling objects.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I use my garage during hurricanes.

·
Registered
34 Posts
i recently moved to a new house and no one in the neighborhood knows when the sprinklers come on cause' none of us have control over it. but yea... i live in california and it was about 98 degrees F one day at about 3 in the afternoon. it so happens that the sprinklers came on while my car was in the driveway. the water dried on in a mure seconds on both sides of the car. i emailed the guys at meguiars and they told me to use Clay Kit to remove the minerals and dirt trapped in the spots and then to use their ScratchX to get rid of the marks left by the minerals and dirt. the clay took out the minearls and dirt leaving the surface smooth... but i still need to get the ScratchX. maybe you should try this process if you're trying to remove waterspots.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.