Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So it was winter break for school, and in so cal it was the raining season... It would start raining for weeks and then just stop and become dry for the entire years. What I realized was that my trunk was completely wet... It was so wet that i heard slushing sounds in the back and had to pull the rubber plugs out so the water could drain.

This was my conclusion to what happened...

Rain would pour all over your window after a heavy rainfall

and then it would fall down on this gutter looking thing on the frame and land inside the hole where...

it would fall and drip into this area of my trunk

Is there a way to prevent this from happening? Anyone else having similar problems?

I want to put my 2 12" subs down there but since I realized this problem, I have to find a way to stop it from pouring in there and test it a good 5 times to make sure it will stop before I stick my system down there

·
LED Maniac
2,967 Posts
err.. that empty area where the taillight "hole" that you mentioned goes... is still on the exterior of the car.

i've gone thru heavy rainfall.. and had no issues as far as water collecting up and inside the trunk area.

so.. dunno.

·
Destroyer of Cones
7,060 Posts
Sounds like a weather seal somewhere is not sealing. You would have to really look it over to see where it could get in like that though. Mine has seen torrential midwest rains and I have never had a drop in the trunk. Something is definitely leaking on you.. just hard to say where.

·
Resident Swagologist
4,929 Posts
QUOTE (engifineer @ Jan 2 2009, 08:53 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=445824
Sounds like a weather seal somewhere is not sealing. You would have to really look it over to see where it could get in like that though. Mine has seen torrential midwest rains and I have never had a drop in the trunk. Something is definitely leaking on you.. just hard to say where.[/b]

agreed. it pours down rain here in the summer time like crazy, and I haven't had any problems with water getting in my trunk.

·
Registered
955 Posts
have you ever had a rear collision? because i did and it barely broke a spot weld on the body and opened up a hole the size of a dime and the way the water runs behind the tailight channel it was running straight into the trunk and with some heavy rainfall it start filling up and started to run all the way forward up to the front passenger floor board. you need to get that checked out asap so you dont have to tear down the interior of your car and dry it out which took forever.

but like blue said it could just be a seal somewhere.

·
Destroyer of Cones
7,060 Posts
If it is under 36,000 miles or 3 years (bumper to bumper warranty), see if they will cover it under warranty and let them find the cause. If not, you can try to find it yourself. You will want to let it completely dry out, and then start hosing the crap out of it with a garden hose until you start figuring out where it is coming in.

·
Registered
972 Posts
If you pull up the floor for the spare tire, There are two plastic/rubber plugs on the floor, I was having the same problem i sealed the one at the rear and i dont get any water in the spare tire bay now. I dont know how the water gets through that but after going thur everything that is what seemed to solve the problem.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So it was winter break for school, and in so cal it was the raining season... It would start raining for weeks and then just stop and become dry for the entire years. What I realized was that my trunk was completely wet... It was so wet that i heard slushing sounds in the back and had to pull the rubber plugs out so the water could drain.

This was my conclusion to what happened...

Rain would pour all over your window after a heavy rainfall

and then it would fall down on this gutter looking thing on the frame and land inside the hole where...

it would fall and drip into this area of my trunk

Is there a way to prevent this from happening? Anyone else having similar problems?

I want to put my 2 12" subs down there but since I realized this problem, I have to find a way to stop it from pouring in there and test it a good 5 times to make sure it will stop before I stick my system down there
I have the problem of water filling my trunk spare tire area. I was told that there could be a drain clogged or disconnected I n the sun roof area. Draining back threw the frame into the trunk. Anyone else heard of this. And how to get to it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts