Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I took the seat out and lifted the carpet up on the passenger side to run some wires for the amp that I am installing and I find water! Has anyone had this experience? The only thing I can figure is that I removed the vapor barrier on the doors when I installed new speakers and maybe the dynamat is allowing water to enter through the door shell.

Any ideas, solutions?

I'm bummed. First someone puts a huge door ding in my car today and now this

· Registered
4,643 Posts
Next time make sure your passangers are toilet trained.

Film in the door could not have caused it. Even if your dynamat sealed the drain holes in the bottom of the door - still there is no way water could get to the pass. footwell.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think I figured out how it happened. The water has been in there since I bought the car. The day that I picked it up from the dealer the interior panels had a lot of dry water spots all over the place. I think that some idiot at the dealership power washed the car with the sunroof open and filled the thing up with water. I've actually watched guys at car lots power wash cars with the windows open so I know it is possible. Since the carpet has an impermiable plastic backing, any water that leaked under it could have stayed there a long time.

I took the the seats, center console, and carpet out of the car and dried everything. It actually made running the wires for the amp a lot easier.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.