Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm crossing the same bridge to work I do everyday. It's a 3 lane freeway and really you have to weave through traffic. Here I am driving just minding my own, this lady in front of me blocking my path to continue just stays in front. She was moving and finding the gaps but was still going to slow and shoulda let me pass. So we hit a straight away for a 3/4 mile. She floors it ands so do I. She still is blocking me and at this point I take it as a race. I get on her bumper as a sign as move b**ch get out the way. All of a sudden she starts playing brake tag. At this point were going 100. So it was serious you don't play brake tag at hose speeds. So I'm super pissed I finally get along side her and she has this smirk on her face like she's proud of it! That just added insult to injury. She wasn't smilling when I got in front of her and a fist full pennies hit her car. She comes up on my right and I coulda cut her off again but I knew she was trying to get the hell out of there. I let her pass she's yelling and throws something at my car. After that I was ready to follow her and who knows?. We come of the bridge and there's a highway patrol that had someone pulled over. She hella moves over and pulls over just a bit n front of the cop. I continue on my way. The good thing is my car is OK. If it wasn't I would be sitting on the side of the freeway at 6:30 in the morning looking for her car and follow her. Then totally f**k her car up. I'm just pissed that she didn't let me pass, wants to play and go fast, but then when I'm ready to pass you hit the brakes??I say she started it and was asking for it. we both hit each others car. I'm so bent.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
So you were sitting on the lady's bumper (followed too close), threw change at her car, almost cut her off and you are upset? Maybe I just did not follow your story...

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
You might find out your change did some damage to her car when the Highway patrol sends you an accident report in the mail and her insurance company calls you to settle the claim. All she needs is your license number to do it, AMHIK.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I did tailgate to pass, she braked on me for no reason. If it was becuase I was on her a** then she should've moved. That's the things she wanted to go fast and stay in front. When it was obvious that I was getting ready for the pass she brakes. So it seemed she was carrying on with the "fun and games". Like I said don't try to race and stay ahead then get frustrated when someones on you and they want to pass. I shoulda let it go and I will consider that if it ever happens again. I did not cut her off, I could've, but decided to let her pass me that when she threw something at my car. Road rage is a mother and yeah I need to work on it. breathe man ooooooommmmm oooooooooommmmm

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah lo bux how would that work out. If you make a story up to a cop. I don't think it will happen. Personally I think she pulled over because she started somehting she couldn't control.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
You sign the police report under penalty of perjury. If I prove I was no where near the event, and you are lying there are criminal and civil avenues for recourse.

Example: I had a dumb bitch in a Camry try to race me to a merge in my Supra. What a joke. But in her haste to try and cut me off, she clipped her driver's side mirror and broke it off completely. She filed a police report and claimed it was my fault. We never stopped, exchanged insurance IDs, nothing.

So I got a police report from the CHP asking me about the accident and why I didn't stop or report the it. My car was undamaged, and I didn't see the damage to her car, AND I stated I was not planning to stop and engage a woman who had just attempted to run me into on-coming traffic at a merge. Her insurance company sent me a letter and tried to get me to pay for her damages. I refused, and told my side of the story. I didn't have to file an accident report, I didn't have to pay, and the CHP said it was her fault. Still I had to defend myself.

So, if you do something as foolish as throw something out your window (intentionally or unintentionally) and it damages someone else's property (car, house, bicycle, whatever), you'd better be prepared to deal with the potential consequences.

Another example: I hit a rock on my bicycle, fell and scraped myself up, and narrowly missed being hit by two cars while on the ground. I picked up the rock and threw it with the intention of permanently removing it from the road. Unfortunately, a truck and the rock collided in mid-flight. I didn't mean to break his windshield, but I did through negligence, so I ended up with a claim against my renter's insurance for the guys windshield.

Think about it before you throw something again.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Those are two good examples and thanx for sharing your story (seriously) Well hopefully nothing happens. Ok so if that does happen what should I do. I was thinking go to court (if it does happnne) and just say "your honor, I never seen this lady in my life". I'm thinking I could do that. I don't think hr car was damaged cause i had to look back and see her expression. That smirk disappreaded instantly. I think her car is alright. Not sure if she can get m for criminal damages? If that is the case she also threw something at my car. Hope the best, put it to rest.

·
Premium Member
16,504 Posts
Originally posted by 510sciontc@Feb 4 2005, 03:26 PM
Those are two good examples and thanx for sharing your story (seriously) Well hopefully nothing happens. Ok so if that does happen what should I do. I was thinking go to court (if it does happnne) and just say "your honor, I never seen this lady in my life". I'm thinking I could do that. I don't think hr car was damaged cause i had to look back and see her expression. That smirk disappreaded instantly. I think her car is alright. Not sure if she can get m for criminal damages? If that is the case she also threw something at my car. Hope the best, put it to rest.
Here's some advice, if you do actually get called to court or however it might work out just admit it. You did something stupid, hopefully you've learned your lesson so there is no sense in dragging the guilt around your forever if you get in trouble for it. just my .02 non-thrown cents.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I'd brake-check anyone riding my tail. That's my one firestarter! Just ask the cop I did it to on the 5 FWY on my to San-Dawg from L.A. That wasn't a pretty sight once he had me pulled over and ripped me a new butthole. I didn't think it was a cop though, I couldn't tell with my tinted rear windows. He shouldn't have been tailgating in the first place. No ticket for me!!!!!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Originally posted by 510sciontc@Feb 4 2005, 12:26 PM
You know what's generally a good idea?

If you're about to go in front of a judge and lie about something that you did, generally you don't post that in an internet forum. That's just stupid.

IMO, you were the road-raged driver in this incident. First you're riding the bumper of some other car at 100+ speeds. No one is obligated to move over for you if they are doing the speed limit, and in this case, well over it. Then you throw something out of your car with the intent of hitting their car? That's just a dumb move on your part.

*Edit: Hmmm...My post was edited...that was probably a good move on the mod's part. Thanks.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I guess I am getting to be an old geezer or something...but all this race stuff..on public highways..road rage and this high speed play by many drivers with about 2-4 years driving experience is getting old fast. There is probably not one driver out there that pulls all this crap that does not think he is a "highly skilled" driver who can handle his car and is in "total control". The fact is that you never know what the other guy is going to do on public roadways. If some hothead public road racers need to vent aggression or test "racing skills" perhaps some boxing training or a sign up at trackday at their local closed circuit road race track would be the ticket. Of course a few driving school courses at local SCCA tracks will be needed so they won't be dangerous out there too.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
All true Geneo, but the first thing you learn at the track is how pathetically slow you are. I've only seen one guy go from street to track and be genuinely fast on his first day. Everybody else gets passed like they are stopped and freaks out when it happens because they think they are the next Michael Schumacher.

Oh, wait, I'm showing my prejudice. Drag racing is completely different than road racing, it is possible to go drag racing and be pretty successful fairly quickly with street cars. It just doesn't happen in autocross or on a road course. And you couldn't be more right about road rage, inexperienced drivers, and the hazards they become in traffic.

·
Registered
427 Posts
I assume you needed to get in front of her because she was going too slowly. How fast exactly should she have been going to keep you off her bumper? Imagine if she'd tried to swerve when the fistful of pennies hit her car. You also forgot to consider the number of other peoples cars your pennies are going to hit over the next few days.

I'm just glad nobody was hurt.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.