Scion tC Forums banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
I wish i had 2... so i could put all the parts in 1 car and double my horsepower :cool:
haha! if only.. one ill hook it up and take it when i go out and the other to/from work/school. let that 1 eat all the bugs i get on it when driving on the high way...:huh: its hard to clean after esp. when it bakes in the sun..

·
Registered
131 Posts
2 tcs just equal a 4door car; we don't want that now do we?! lol

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
Sounds like when the shop finished they used a filler wax. Much like stealerships use. Looks great immediately, but after a good wash, you notice the fine problems. Make sure everything is cured before you get crazy with it. I'd give it a month, then give a compound a shot

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Sounds like when the shop finished they used a filler wax. Much like stealerships use. Looks great immediately, but after a good wash, you notice the fine problems. Make sure everything is cured before you get crazy with it. I'd give it a month, then give a compound a shot
:wub: you came!

·
College Student
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #27 (Edited)
filler wax? not sure what that is lol. The shop said wait 3 months to wait for everything to be cured. so i was figuring in january she'd get an extreme detail.
>>
on a different note.
i am taking the car back to the shop because they need to fix the alignment on the hood. The car looks great, like it never was in an accident; but i am able to stick all 3 fingers between the hood and the front bumper. AND the hood vibrates when idling in drive (at a red light for example). The vibrations cause an annoying rattling noise. There is also white stuff in the engine bay that I'm going to request them clean up too. My engine bay is kinda dusty and dirty. Wasn't like that before.

·
College Student
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
oic. thanks paul and everyone!

i'm not going to any detailing to the car for awhile just regular washes. but sometime in fall, I'm going to buy regular turtle wax and wax her up for winter.

·
College Student
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
yea i need grit guards... what is a good method you recommend drying the car paul? the only way i knew was to use clean microfiber cloths. i feel like each wash i do cause more swirls grr.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Also if you have a good wax on your car, running just a regular stream of water from a hose on your car will decrease drying time significantly. Like this -

21 - 37 of 37 Posts