Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am recieving my tc in about 2 weeks, and i need to make a decision on whether to stick with the standard warranty, or go with the extended 6yr/75,000 miles. the price difference is $29 a month. what should i do?

·
Registered
5,506 Posts
I went with the extended. My dealership gave me a great deal on it, and I would be a fool to turn it down.

Beside, the way I look at it, its not a bad thing to have for a car in its first year of production.

·
Registered
4,643 Posts
First, you don't have to make a decision now - you can get extended warranty any time in the first 3 years/ 36K miles.

I went with standard warranty, cause in 5 years I will probably want a new car anyway and as long as drivetrain is covered I should be able to fix anything else past 36K mark. I'm also trying to keep the warranty based on time, not miles by keeping it under 1K/month. But I'm weird.

·
Registered
4,643 Posts
Originally posted by moriarty@Feb 22 2005, 09:03 PM
yes, but it may cost you more to not get it at the time of purchase.
or may not

I've seen online places sell toyota warranty cheaper than the "great deal" that my dealer tried to push on me when I was buying the tC.

The bestest and greatest 100K/7 year Platinum no deductible was $1100 online I think.

·
Former '05er
12,590 Posts
72 months/100k miles Toyota Extra Care cost me $850 in October, and $1150 for the automatic in February. You can't beat Extra Care, you'd be amazed at what they covered on my Supra. I was.

·
Registered
4,643 Posts
I think you guys are covered by TFS, and we here in Southeast have to go through SET for extended warranties. SET is known to be overpriced and generally worthless at everything they do... Hate monopolies.

·
Registered
11,890 Posts
Yea, I really hate SET... they like to shaft you.

·
Registered
4,643 Posts
I wonder if SET is the only distributor that came up with at least 2 ways to jack up tC's price without legally getting in trouble with pure pricing?

·
Registered
104 Posts
I went with Extra Care (through TMS - Toyota Motor Sales) $995 for 6yrs/75K coverage. I tend to keep my cars so it makes sense. Another positive: they also gave me a full money back guarantee if the car never has a warranty issue. Sooo...if all goes well, after the 6yrs/miles is up, $995 back in my pocket! And if I need it, I have it.

·
Registered
78 Posts
If I were to get any of the extended warranty packages, would you guys think that they could throw in any freebies? Say, for example, lifetime free oil changes? I ordered my tC about a week ago, so I'm still waiting for it to come in. I'm not a big fan of extended warranties, and as far as I know, any company will make almost pure profit from selling warranties, right?

·
Registered
202 Posts
There are lifetime free oil changes in a package they sell, so I doubt they will give it to you free, but if they do, more power to you! I tried to buy just a powertrain warranty, like they show in the Toyota warranty brochure, but the dealer refused to sell that to me on a Scion. Ugh! You can also try buying a warranty at another dealer anywhere in the nation, but I didn't have much luck getting a cheaper price.

·
Registered
4,643 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.