Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just have to get this off my chest. Firts I LOVE MY TC. I mean love it . I am nothing but happy with the way it drives, the way it runs, and with the way it handles (Especially with the 2" drop) However I have become a maget for damage. I have owned the car since Jan. 19th but have only had the car in my posetion for 39 days. In that 39 days it has:

Been backed into causing $3g's in damages.

Sustained 5 chips on the bumper, one on the hood, and one on the rear by the passenger tail light.

Been gouged by something leaving a small dent and a scrpe down to bare metal (yes trough the primer) on the c pillar.

Received a chip right in my line of sight on the windsheild .

And last night got egged by a bunch of punk kids with no school today and nothing better to do.

Am I just a magnet or do others share in my pain. No fault to my car just, cant stand people anymore. Yesterday I watched a lady in her $450 sweatsuit get out of her Mercedes and open the door right into another car leaving a nice dent and scratch. She didnt even put down her cell phone or stop talking just grabbed her Prada purse and kept on truckin. What has the world come to. Maybe I just got implanted into the second richest county in the US and Im not used to life in the real world. Anyone?

·
Registered
223 Posts
I had the same issue with my Impreza. About three weeks after I bought it, I got a huge crack in the windshield from a rock and had to have it replace after it spread across the whole thing a couple days later. About two weeks after that, I got forced into a different lane by a guy in a big SUV who wasn't paying attention to me, and I ended up driving over the top of something (still no idea what it was), but it popped up and hit the bottom of my car, severing my emergency brake cable and throwing off my ABS sensor. There was another $600 gone. A few months later I hit a patch of black ice and slid into a curb and got my suspension messed up, and it never got properly fixed, so my car pulled to varying degrees the entire time I had it, despite my dealership's insistence that the alignment was perfect.

I'm hoping for much better luck with the tC.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
i know of a magnet far worse than what you described. she was back in my office yesterday with her 4TH accident in 6 months in her tC. hope your string of incidents ends soon.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I do to. At 28 this is my first new car and if there all like this Im just going to by used that way I dont care. My uncle has a bad temper and mean disposition, that has driven him to only drive his Lexus LS430 when he knows that he will be parking where there is know one around. Which is about never. He bought it new when the 430 first came out and it only has like 4300 miles on it. Im not that bad but if my luck keeps up I will be.

Or maybe just Rhino lining, Alot of Rhino lining. But then it would just be a tuna trawler like a chevy.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This just in. After a good wash to get the egg off. Found paint damage to the hood. Looks like the egg hit and the shell made scratches in the hood. Not down to the metal in most places but all the way through the color. I guess I will just give up. I called my insurance and they told me to trade the car in. Looks like Im looking for a new agent too.

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
Originally posted by inevitablegod@Apr 8 2005, 10:06 AM
i know of a magnet far worse than what you described. she was back in my office yesterday with her 4TH accident in 6 months in her tC. hope your string of incidents ends soon.
Yeah, but with her, its not the car that's the magnet for unfortunate mishaps.

She is the cause of said tragedies.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Man, thats too bad. It sucks that punks do things like that to cars.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Those are called battle scars. Which makes your car a one-of-a-kind. Unique...

As long as there are no mechanical problems, fight on and fix what you can... Unfortunate, but unless you can keep it locked up in a garage, $hit happens!

Hang in there.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Ugh. I hear ya. My MR2 was that way. I had 4 people hit my car, INCLUDING my mother (who drives a Tahoe, and couldn't "see my car" behind her). Bleah. I was seriously thinking about buying a truck so I could hit someone else.

At least, with a bigger car, maybe now some ppl can see me. I know a truck literally backed up into me doing less than 5mph. He didn't see me and my damn clutch stuck and I couldn't get it into reverse fast enough. Sadly, I had about 3k worth of damage. His truck, NOTHING. not even paint transfer.

good luck.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I have had a couple misshaps in my new tC. In less than 24 hours of owning it my friend james was in my passenger seat and swung my passenger door into his jetta next to us. It caused a fold in the edge of the door with no paint transfer. I took it to a paintless dent repair and the guy fixed it for free. Then on 3/31(30 days into owning the car) my friend alex slammed his truck door into my passenger door at work because the wind caught it. Caused a nice sized $800 ding, its currently at the shop for that and I'm stuck driving a rental.....a pontiac vibe, ugh.

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
100 richest counties by per capita income:
#43 Johnson County, Kansas $30,919

100 richest counties by median household income:
#62 Johnson County, Kansas $61,455

If you want to see if you're on the list...

And if you live here....
100 richest places with at least 1,000 households:
#16 Mission Hills, Kansas $95,405 1,284 households

BTW...the Mayor of Mission Hills is going on my trip to Egypt. hehe.

There are 105 counties located in Kansas, one of which is in the top 100 richest counties in the country.

Just who ya calling a snob?

"The term "Johnson County Brat" is a popular pejorative among locals to describe a person with a snobbish or stuck-up personality."

·
Registered
24 Posts
Originally posted by kckid@Apr 8 2005, 02:27 PM
This just in. After a good wash to get the egg off. Found paint damage to the hood. Looks like the egg hit and the shell made scratches in the hood. Not down to the metal in most places but all the way through the color. I guess I will just give up. I called my insurance and they told me to trade the car in. Looks like Im looking for a new agent too.
Dude, the exact same thing happened to me last friday. No one else's cars got egged in our apartment (except my roommate and girlfriend), but I got the most. I immediately went to wash it, but it took an hour of fingernail scraping just to see the shell scratches and clearcoat had been eaten away. It was like when you cook an egg in a pan and let it sit overnight, its so gummy and hard to get off. Must have been a national punk-kid-egg-the-nice-cars-at-your-apartment night. Can't wait to get a garage next year...

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sorry I was a little off on the figure I guess someone else started making money too. We are still up their aways for being in the butcrack of the US. Maybe not #2 anymore but still hanging in there. I think Halbrook would be on the list too Labfish but their arent that many houses around there.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Originally posted by k9kreationz@Apr 11 2005, 08:57 AM
Ugh. I hear ya. My MR2 was that way. I had 4 people hit my car, INCLUDING my mother (who drives a Tahoe, and couldn't "see my car" behind her). Bleah. I was seriously thinking about buying a truck so I could hit someone else.

At least, with a bigger car, maybe now some ppl can see me. I know a truck literally backed up into me doing less than 5mph. He didn't see me and my damn clutch stuck and I couldn't get it into reverse fast enough. Sadly, I had about 3k worth of damage. His truck, NOTHING. not even paint transfer.

good luck.
I had an 87 MR2 that I called the Moron Magnet. The first night I had it I was at a bar and one of the bartenders I knew told me there was a kid outside kicking it. Sure enough I ran out just in time to catch some punk running away from it. He put a few deep dents in the fender. Over the 2 years I owned it I had the hood emblem pryed off, the radio, steering wheel and a CD folder stolen in one shot. The passanger window broken twice (nothing stolen either time), someone sat or jumped on the hood denting it, the left headlight forced down while it was up, someone attempt to set one of the wheels on fire and a coworkers wife back over the hood with a F550 w/ trailer hitch (that was ugly) and drive away (she endend up paying for the repairs.) It got to the point where I just didn't give a damn anymore and just drove it into the ground.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I can relate to the mishaps. 48 hours after I finally got her, I made the mistake of parking her in the street and a NYC Park ranger hit her with his Prius denting and scraping the passenger side quarter panel. (I got that fixed very quickly and for cheap thanks to the hubby's connections..he works for Toyota) Two weeks later I was sitting at a red light in Queens, NY and as soon as the light turns green the stupid lady in her big ass truck behind me slams into me. Surprisingly there was no damage. The lady said she just got her truck and couldn't control it yet!
A few months later, I'm on the left lane on the thruway and the dude in the middle lane a few cars ahead loses his muffler. The car behind it hits it and it directs it right in my way. All this happened in seconds so there was no way for me to avoid it although I tried. It scratched the skirt on the passenger side. Got it replaced but still, I'm like what else is going to happen??!!

I did notice that the quarter panel that was fixed and re-painted with high quality paint looks alot better than the rest of the paint. I have chips too.
The paint on the car sucks!!! But that's another topic.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The good luck hasnt stopped. I've had my tC for now three months and I have two rock chips in the windshield, four in the front bumper and a scratch down the driver side where my neighbor dragged her Dooney & Burke down the side of my car.. I still love my car. Thats what touch up paint is for.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.