Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

· Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I ordered my Scion tC in Nautical Blue on July 27th. The dealership said that it was in Port Status and would take about 10 days to get here. As of yesterday, it's still in Port Status. There are 3 different status types for when your order your car:
1. Port
2. Frieght
3. Ground
What's been the average for all of you to get your tC. I don't know if I can wait any longer.

Also, is the security system worth it or should I get an aftermarket one? I kinda want to get one with GPS.

I about to go
insane...

· Registered
187 Posts
I placed my order on june 6th and got my car july 21st, so my wait was about a month and a half. Once it reached port, i think i've waited about a week. the port wasn't too far from the dealer.

as for the security system i'm waiting to get one on my own, you can get something better for the money aftermarket.

it was worth the wait.

· Registered
242 Posts
that sucks to wait, im getting mine in a dealer trade, and it should be here tomorrow! since i ordered it on a friday and am getting it on a wednesday, (it gets here today, but the dealer needs to install accesories) i hope i dont get the floor model, that would suck, cause it would have been test driven etc, but i guess thats better then waiting the six weeks i was gonna have to if there was no trade.

· Registered
14 Posts
I'm (not so) patiently waiting as well. I ordered mine last Monday, the 25th. The dealer told me he had one already in port that wasn't sold and just what I was looking for - a flint mica 5-speed. He said it's usually 10 days for them from port. I got a call yesterday, a week later, from another salesperson saying the same thing, that it was in port and I should get it next week now. I don't know who to believe, but I'm hoping the first guy was right and I get it this week.

· Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just think... all of use are waiting to get this car and don't know who to believe. That feeling is terrible. I just want my car in a decent amount of time. I used to have a 98 Accord but that's gone and so I'm left without a car until the tC comes in. This is killing me. I might ask for a rental from them if they don't get the car by the time they said.

Anyone understand the different Status'?

Port
Freight
Ground

Or maybe an estimated time for each of them.

· Registered
5 Posts
My dealer has about 100 people waiting on 2006 tCs right now. There seems to be some kind of problem with the regional distributor (yes, you, Gulf States Toyota).

I got the "hey, your car should be here anyday now" about a week ago, and some other guys I saw last time I went to the dealer had gotten it two weeks ago.

Argh.

Anyone going through the same?

· Registered
5 Posts
Guess I should add some specifics.

I ordered the car in late June, the car arrived in port (Houston) last wednesday, and Texas is big, but not a-week-by-truck big :) Plus, it's disconcerting that the dealership people have as little of a clue as to ETAs as customers do. Every day we hear "tomorrow maybe -- we'll call you when it's here". Well, duh.

· Registered
115 Posts
well my car should be here yesterday but the stupid dealer said it'll come in one more week, dunno what to do.... stupid dealer! making these lies saying it'll come by monday for sure, and promising it would.. phony bit.ches

edit: this dealer is in scottsdale, his name is cody, dont go there if your planing on getting a scion, they are LIERS!

· Registered
4 Posts
I ordered my BSP auto on july 28th and he said it will reach port on the 4th of august where they will add my options into the car there. He said that will delay it a day or so but I should expect the car between the 9th and 15th of august I can't freaking wait its killing me, atleast I have the air force to keep me busy lol

· Registered
14 Posts
Ya, that gives an idea, but it's also a little old. I thought the wait time has gone down since then, but it doesn't look like it has. I was lucky enough to have exactly what I wanted already at port, although now it's just sitting there waiting to get on a truck. Does anyone know where they have these ports, or where the car actually is when they say that?

· Ironhead
12,859 Posts
well, i dont know where you are located, so i couldnt begin to tell you what port supplies your area. our PoE is long beach, then the cars move to Los angeles where they are equipped with accessories requested by dealers, loaded on a truck, and shipped out. the wait time is usually pretty much the same each time. a car spends about 14 days in the A (allocated), f (freight), and g (ground) status'. cars enter g when they have arrived, or are within 2 days of arriving at the dealer.

as for the wait time going down, it has. but it certainly isnt over. at one point we were up to 4 months waiting for specific cars, now we can pretty much lock in delivery in 2-3 weeks max. our inventory is better than it was back last summer/fall/winter, but by no means do we have enough tC's (or any other model scion) to go around to the clients we have waiting. such is the life of a scion rep, and a scion customer as well, sorry to say.

· Registered
23 Posts
I ordered my 06' tC on June 5 and it was on freight on July 22 and i signed the papers and took it home in July 27. 1 day early b-day present...lucky me...lol'z...anyways it took almost 2 months but hey it's worth it.

· Registered
14 Posts
Thanks for the info, inevitablegod. I'm over in south jersey. I just wasn't expecting to wait 2 weeks or more for a car that's already in port and doesn't need any accessories swapped. I'm not complaining, I can wait since I have been for a year already anyway. The last stretch is just the hardest, where it could be in anyday.

· Registered
187 Posts
i got mines in morristown, nj and the port was in elizabeth, don't know if they have more in nj or how it works.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.