Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I waited a month to get a blue '06 manual and nothing. Toyota really needs to step up production on these cause they are hard to get when you want a certain color/transmission. I am very glad I did wait though.

I went out and test drove the new '06 Civic yesterday. Now it may not be for everyones taste but in my opinion that car is very nice. Some of the things that turned me off from a TC besides the wait were the paint chipping problems and the rattle problems. I'm sure these new Civics will be very solid and they look really nice. Scion is going to have a good run for their money. All base Civics now get 140hp with more torque. This doesn't compare to the Tc's 160hp but the Civic Si has been bumped up to 197hp. Si won't be out until December but I was going to wait until spring to try again on the Tc anyways. Waiting will also help me save more money for the car, Si is going to cost a good 4k more than the Tc.

Now I'm not going to start an argument and say the Civic is better. I'm sure you Tc owners are very happy with your car. I would recommend anyone looking to buy a Tc to check out the Civic as well. I was impressed when I first saw and drove the Tc but I was blown away by the new design and feel of the '06 Civic. Hell, most of us here obviously are into cars so everyone should check it out.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Yeah, we all know about the new si. It's a more refined car in almost every way. But, it's also an extra ~$4,000. That's alot more money to some people. I'm extremely happy with my tC purchase. Maybe in a couple years I'll trade it in for a new tC, which will blow honda away just like they did a year ago, or perhaps honda will still have the edge, and I'll be forced to get a civic.

Both are great cars, you can't go wrong either way.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
If you can get an Si for $20K - you'll be one lucky dude...

Regular EX starts at $18200...

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
I hate the look of the '06 Civic. "Paint chipping problems and rattle problems" aren't nearly as prevalent in the '06 tC.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
i have nothing against honda at all. in fact, i happen to own a honda as well as a scion and a toyota. i hope you enjoy the hell out of it. i was eyeballing another honda product when the tC came out and changed my mind. aside from what they cost to insure in california, you cant go wrong.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
It is nice to have a car that isn't the number one stolen vehicle in our county. Sadly, Honda wins that contest by a pretty big margin.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I think the new Civics are very nice looking cars. But the one thing I can't about the new Civics are the digital dash.

Personally I don't think you can wrong with either car, being that both Toyota and Hondas will last a very long time.

·
Premium Member
16,504 Posts
Originally posted by HaTeOnThYs05+Sep 25 2005, 06:54 PM-->QUOTE (HaTeOnThYs05 @ Sep 25 2005, 06:54 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-lo bux racer
@Sep 23 2005, 10:50 PM
It is nice to have a car that isn't the number one stolen vehicle in our county.  Sadly, Honda wins that contest by a pretty big margin.
correct me if im wrong, but is that not the acura integra? [/b]
You stand corrected. List of most stolen vehicles.

·
Registered
272 Posts
the new civics are pretty nice, i like the dash and ive had a couple hondas before and loved them. if i was doing it all over again id have a hard time deciding. plus there def will be more part selection for the civic, which is nice

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'll let everyone know how it works out. Like I said though the Si won't be out until December and it is rumored to have a low 20's price tag. I may decide to settle with the Ex, only 140hp but that still isn't too shabby and I would get 40mpg hwy! I do have underground parking at my apartment and the salesperson said if I got an Si I should leave it underground so it won't get stolen/stripped. Anyone have any opinions on that? Safer in underground parking or outside?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I noticed on the stolen car list a 2000 Civic is the most stolen. If I am not mistaken the 2000 Civic was still the older style like my '96. I bet the '04/'05 body style aren't stolen as much because of the drab look. I would bet the new generation Civic will be up there on the list though. Good thing it will be too soon for insurance company to have stats on that.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.