Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone think that with the new civic coming out, that competion between honda and toyota will lead to more stuff or lower prices? is it worth waiting for fall to decide?

·
Registered
58 Posts
I thought of waiting for the civic as well, very very tempting. But i also thought that they're going to be a thief's paradise all over again. number one stolen car old or new. the price tag/ horse power is very attractive. i'm still going with the 06 tC.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
wow fromos thanks, those pics and the whole website in general is helpful. i don't want a manual si, and also, the scion still looks more attractive. thanks

·
Registered
6,498 Posts
Honda seems committed to rising to new heights of ugliness with the Si with each redesign, and I can't see how the regular Civic is really much competition for the tC.

·
Registered
4,643 Posts
3/36 vs. 5/60 powertrain warranty. Honda needs to fess up.

I have nothing against the new design, though. In any case I doubt it will be anywhere close to $16.5K similarly equipped / powered as tC.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks guys, im visiting the dealer this weekend! but wow im still going insane trying to get a color!! they're all so good! this feels like it should be a realitivly easy decision, but it is driving me insane!

·
Registered
866 Posts
I know exactly what you mean. I had my choice picked prior to buying my tC, but what happened? .. My buddy bought an 05 flint mica last month (right before the dealer got the 06's in), and stole the color I wanted. Well, since we both work at the same company, and we hang out regularly, I thought it would be rather...odd... if we both drove the exact same car. I chose BSP because prior to wanting a tC, I had my eye on an 05 honda civic 2dr ex in nighthawk black. I duno, I just love black. It's like a color you can't go wrong with. I'm kinda happy I didn't choose FM, just because every damn tC in central new york I see (with the exception of one dirty black cherry) is that color. I know FM is a great color, but some diversity helps!

Bottom line man, it's not an answer that comes quickly. You have to spend some time and think it out. I really can't stand people who just go into a dealership and pick a color on paper without ever seeing it IRL. Makes me wonder.

·
Registered
170 Posts
yea i agree, after looking at the colors and then takin a few days to think about it, i began to see flint mica TC's everywhere. I then noticed a few blue ones and then said im getting Classic Silver on my '06. I've yet to see anpther silver one around my area of NY. Pz out.

·
Registered
6,498 Posts
Well, I had never seen a FM tC until I bought mine. So...that was not a concern for me, and all the other FM drivers are copying me.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
my friend wants to get a silver tC... but since i already have a silver one, he's going to get another color... me... i think its stupid that he thinks hes copying me... when your spending $18K on a car you'd better get the color you want.. and not be swayed becasue your friend has the same color...

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
thanks guys, i spent a while on this web site looking at pictures of different cars, and I think I have decided on Flint Mica. Sure everyone might have it on this forum, but i think that I'll be one of the few north of madison in my state to have one (I have only seen one tC north of Madison, it was silver.)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.