Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was heading to work this morning when I ran across an odd looking beastie. I was attracted by the tail lights. When it turned left, the turn signal was a blinking circle around the break light. I thought that was cool and looked for the name of the car. Otherwise, I would have ignored it.

AAR, it was one of the new VW Passat 2.0T. Never heard of it. Just as ugly as its predecessors. It wasn't until just now that I pulled up the web site and saw that it is a 200hp turbo'd beastie. I also noted that he bought it in Cherry Hill, NJ. That is pretty arf'ing odd. I mean, why would one go to NJ to buy a car and bring it to ATL? In case you think I am goofing, it had the NJ temp tag. Oh, and the web site is quite irritating.

AAR, I was behind it for miles and got irritated at its lack of speed. When the road finally opened up to 4 lanes, I pleasantly slid around it to make up for some lost time. I say pleasantly as I don't race at 7:40 in the morn. Too many school kids and too many cops. I did not want to raise his ire.

But I guess I must have raised it as he started to accelerate. Now folks, this is no big deal. We are talking going fast enough to prevent one driver from cutting in front of the other one. And there are plenty of curves. AAR, the tC was fast enough to keep him in check and agile enough that he actually slowed down on the curves. Now knowing VWs, I am sure it was simply because he was a n00bie.

But he got mad and it was fun burning a 200hp VW that cost at least $7K more than my car. We hit an open stretch and spooled the turbo on up and left. Me? I did not care. I was already at work and turned into my parking lot.

It's not always necessary to beat another car. Just make the driver mad.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
so true, the worst in when someone thinks they are badass and pulls right in front of you with no god damn turn signal, i love my pickup in those situations because the dual 2 1/2 inch pipes blow straight in the windows of most car

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.