Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving my bad ass Super White TC the other day, and I stopped at this red light... and I look in front of me... and there is this car that passes by... that looked like a four door TC, I was like... DAMN... THAT LOOKS LIKE A FOUR DOOR TC... and I'm just wondering if you guyz think the same... here are pictures of both cars... the VOLVO S40 and The outstanding TC....(they only look alike in the front.. not the rear)
Let me know if this is just me that thinks this way....

·
Registered
242 Posts
I agree they are both snub nosed.....but nothing alike

I used to own a 2001 S40.....P.O.S.
Looks a little different than that 2004 1/2 S40 in the pic.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
^^^^ harharhar!

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
You wouldn't be the first person to make that comparison. Several auto magazines have drawn it as well, and I've been fooled from a distance on more than one occasion-- the front body lines are extremely similar.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
someone at my school has one of those cars... its lowered w/ some nice rims... it fools me all the time... i'll park next to him one day and take a picture with my phone... i think it looks pretty nice... but i have no idea how it runs

·
Registered
242 Posts
Originally posted by Zygote55@Apr 23 2005, 09:09 AM
At least the S40 has the fog lights in the correct place.
I like where my foglights are

·
Registered
75 Posts
I want those fog lights.
I agree that the front does look similar to the tC, but I don't think Volvo purposefully made the car to imitate the tC.

·
Registered
11,881 Posts
I actually love the new S40s, took one for a test drive on several occasions and my final choice was between a AWD T5 6-Spd S40 or a FWD 5-Spd tC. Guess which one I picked?

What made the final decision for me was the fact that the Volvo dealer kept trying to screw me on dealer markup. I walked, and 3mos later drove by rubbing in their face that they lost my business. One of the managers actually took me to the side and said most of the sales people believed I was just trying to go for joy rides, and even though he worked for them he agrees that they are assholes to the younger generation.

Oh well, I saved at least $10k going w/ the tC... not to mention how much I saved on interest and depreciation.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.