Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i need to get an idea for what could be wrong with my alarm system. I got the alarm installed the 3rd day i had my tc in April. And now... about 65% of the time when i try to auto start... it will crank... but it wont actually start... So then i have to turn the auto start off and put my key in and it starts just fine. Anyone know whats wrong? Im guessing its not my starter since my key starts it just fine. Im guessing either the auto start hardware is messed up and i need to replace it... or is the hardware just loose or something? Let me know what you guys think.

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Take it back to the installer. It's probably a circuit that got disconnected or a wire that doesn't have good contact.

·
Registered
61 Posts
i dont kno anything about autostart, but doesnt the autostart have a timer, like crack for X amount of milliseconds?

·
Registered
4 Posts
It's a tachometer issue, unfortunately they will probably have to move the wire to a better location. The tachometer wire basically tells the remote starter that the vehicle is started and that it should stop trying to crank. At times it can be difficult for an installer to find a reliable tach signal as it may test ok on a warm car in the shop but not work so well later after the car has been sitting. Take the car back to your installer, he should have atleast 3 different options for wires in the vehicle that may work. Sorry Jeremy, there is no knob to turn on the 791xv.

·
Registered
166 Posts
And actually if you haven't gotten the problem fixed still, if you have the TYC tails on your car then the remote start feature will never work without wiring a few relays or diodes between the taillight wiring and the alarm wiring, since the polarity/ground on the led lights will trick the remote start function on the brain of the alarm into thinking that the break pedal is pushed in, which on most remote start systems when the break pedal is pushed in, causes the motor to stop when the key hasn't been put in the ignition and set to the on position.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.