Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Unbolted Axelback? You took off the muffler?

Kinda boring, but decent.

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
what does it mean to be unbolted? does that make it louder? p.s. your gf looks hot in that pic :] you like th K&N? feel any diff in power at all? loss or gain? nice rims btw.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
haha sup guys
yes i am 17 and i drive a tC
i am blessed to even have a car like this
and i thank my parents for it
its not automatic i have a 5-speed
the rims are 18s and they are Velox wrapped on kuhmo ecsta ASX tires
i live in temecula not eastlake but i do know where that is ahah

Alas - i just unbolted the trd axle back exhaust. so that means its jus running from the midpipe. it goes header,s-pipe,cat,mid and thats it haha the last would be the trd exhaust but thats gone. i jus wanted to see how it sounds.. i will be putting it back soon =]

thanks for the comments guys =]

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
oh and Alas about the k&n.. i cant feel the difference in power. i will need to go to the track to truely find out or dyno.. but it sounds really good =] oh the rpms are a little different though with it on.. it used to be at 3,000 rpm 5th gear going 60 now its around 2700.. =]

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Originally posted by raytrix@Dec 22 2005, 09:20 AM
...the rpms are a little different though with it on.. it used to be at 3,000 rpm 5th gear going 60 now its around 2700.. =]
W

T

F

?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
hmm ok eddnog

im on the freeway going 60 mph in 5th gear
the rpm is around 3,000 with the stock airbox
with the k&n the rpms are at 2,700
get it now?
sorry for the misunderstanding

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
That still doesn't sound quite right...

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
I'm scared to get a CAI and I live in California. Not because of the CARB approval, but ofcourse because of hydrolocking my engine. It's not that our streets get too deep when it rains, it's just that my neighborhood gets pretty damn deep when it rains. If I do get it I think I'll just have to deal with converting it to ram everymorning it rains with my handy dandy screw driver.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.