Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Not my cup of tea. I saw vertical doors at the Elk Grove Scion event. They're not very practical for a daily driver, it's challenging to get in.

If this is a show car, no problem. You might want to check the laws in your state before you shave the handles. It's illegal someplaces. It does look pretty cool though.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
i always wondered how someone would get in their car if their batteries died, and they shaved the door handles, or how the paramedics would save you if you crashed.

·
Registered
658 Posts
First i thought you were kidding about those doors, but as lo bux said if you are goin for a show off car get them. But if it's going to be for a daily driver you might regret it. Do what you want to do it's your car and your money.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Well, if you live in a big city with extremely tough parking then lambo doors might even be functional

·
Registered
242 Posts
I guess I could see where it would be hard to get in and out, looks like there isn't too much of an opening

·
Registered
515 Posts
One problem with LSD doors, they are one over priced for 2 brackets and a gas piston. Here is the number one complaint I have heard from people. With certain pistons that open the door and hold it up, in the winter the door won't stay open it will keep falling down. In the summer time you'll be using all of your weight to pull the door down. Remeber you'll most likely have to roll your front fender some. LSD makes a good door kit with no modification to the car needed but they haven't come out with one for the Scion's yet.

·
Premium Member
1,713 Posts
Originally posted by hamster@May 22 2005, 03:14 AM
i always wondered how someone would get in their car if their batteries died, and they shaved the door handles, or how the paramedics would save you if you crashed.
They almost always include a manual popper switch.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Originally posted by phibonez@May 22 2005, 01:50 PM
i can get both doors at $900-1k much cheaper lol
This isn't a mod I would be looking for low price on. I'd be looking for world-class execution, and I really wouldn't give a rat about the price. Imagine they are working faster than they should to get the job done to meet the pricing, and they don't get something exactly right. You're in the car, and the door refuses to rise after you release the catch....

No, I'd be happy to spend the right money to get a totally off the chain install so I could be confident it will ALWAYS work right.

·
Registered
98 Posts
you might want to watch out, ive heard that the lambo door kits can be pretty low quality. On pimp my ride even(unless im mistaken) they put some on a pink civic, both hinges broke and they had to fabricate new ones. remember thoses guys are pretty professional to, compared to the rest of us self taught back yard mechanics. as for the shaved door handles, i think they lok good, but i would get sick of them REAL fast if i had them.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Originally posted by benvictor@May 23 2005, 09:17 PM
you might want to watch out, ive heard that the lambo door kits can be pretty low quality. On pimp my ride even(unless im mistaken) they put some on a pink civic, both hinges broke and they had to fabricate new ones. remember thoses guys are pretty professional to, compared to the rest of us self taught back yard mechanics. as for the shaved door handles, i think they lok good, but i would get sick of them REAL fast if i had them.
I saw them build that civic....I don't rember the hinges breaking. As far as I remember they showed the lsd door kit in package, talked some ish about how lsd was the best, then "slapped" it on

·
Registered
242 Posts
I also liked the camers and monitors they put in that car for the 360 view around the car.....badass

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
i still think that scissor doors belong on one make. lamborghini.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
i'm sure in 1985 plutonium is available at every corner store, but in 1955 its kinda hard to come by...

once i install my flux capacitor, i will gullwing my tc.

1.21 gigawatts!!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.