Scion tC Forums banner

Vertical Door Conversion Kit

2K views 26 replies 14 participants last post by  p120ud213azn 
#1 ·
#2 ·
as you can probably see not many of us are fans or vertical doors. i guess it's ok but it would suck to leak rain inside if the door doesnt shut as tight anymore. ive never had them on any car but i saw a neon at a car show with them and he had a hell of a time getting them to work correctly lol.

#5 ·
Originally posted by basilisk4@Jan 12 2005, 09:45 AM
I think there are about 5 billion things I would rather have for $1,625.
indeed... that looks ugly, real ugly.

#11 ·
I'll be installing these soon.

But first I need to install a flux capacitor to get my engine power up to 1.21 gigawatts.

Marty: "Does it run on regular gasoline?"

Doc Brown: "Unfortunately, no. It requires something with a little more kick... plutonium!"

#15 ·

well, to be accurate, the doors featured at the beginnning of this thread are lamborghini style scissor doors. the delorean featured gullwing doors. as the above pic illustrates.

and this one is at 13K. not too expensive. mainly cause they are crap.

#17 ·
You just need to watch out for Old Biff stealing it and giving the Gray's Sports Almanac to Young Biff in 1955.

That, and you need to make sure you had the Mr. Fusion conversion done in the future, otherwise you need to lug that extra plutonium everywhere with you.

#18 ·
I understand the difference between gull-wing and scissor doors. But I was just making a point as to how ridiculous they both are as well as displaying my knowledge of films from the 80's.

#20 ·
was that dirty? genuine58's comment sounded naughty.

#22 ·
grease up and fall out on the sidewalk. nothing about that setup says easy ingress/egress, not even for smaller guys.

#24 ·
you know what we need? one more thread devoted to the lambo door hinge mod. cause three just isnt enough.

#26 ·
every import i have seen with that mod has made it very evident that you damn near need to be mister limbo to get in or out. form vs. function... sometimes that line is easy to see.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.