Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I have my system turned up and I stand next to the rear of my tc, I can hear the vent opening and closing rapidly. It almost sounds like a dragon fly's wings hitting something. How do i fix this? if i plug these vents will it hurt any thing?

·
Registered
730 Posts
It won't "hurt" anything to plug the vents up, however, you may have to crack open a window in order to shut the doors. The increased pressure will make it much more difficult to close the doors without somewhere for that pressure to be released. This is what the rear vents are for in the first place. If you do close those vents up, you'll also have the added benefit of noticeably less road noise coming from the rear of the vehicle...two upsides and one downside, it's your call.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Yea, ive had those out of my car for a few months now. AT first it was pretty hard to close the doors, but im used to it now i guess, and most of my friends slam my doors already, so doing that just helped make my car Shake a little less when they do that.

·
Registered
742 Posts
All good info but one issue not considered is when you want the outside air vented into the car there is not where for it to escape. Not a problem when not doing so of course.

What I have done and am about done with on our car is line the area with accoustical foam and then build a small labyrinth of different desity and shaped foam blocks for the air to flow around. I have been able to totally eliminate any noise yet still have air flow:)

Rick

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
THANKS GUYS! I will probably just plug the holes. What is the easiest, cheapest way to do so?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.