Scion tC Forums banner

do you think this would look good on the tC?

• YES!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NO!

Votes: 0 0.0%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve been up all night looking for idea's and I think I found it!

What do you think?? Haven’t settled on an idea but that’s the concept I’m going with, hood and fenders will be available in carbon fiber or fiberglass.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
.......i like hood scoops...........

·
Registered
936 Posts
ditch the little vent at the top....and make it so the indentations follow the entire contour of the hood and I'd like it. That pic is a bad representation, you should draw the hood out on a tC.
- t

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
I agree....a photoshop image with your potential hood on top of a tc would be much more useful. It's relly tough to judge from the aston martin pic how something would look on a tc. Aside from having two doors, these two cars are worlds apart.

*cough* HOOD SCOOP! *cough*

·
Registered
999 Posts
I hate hood scoops... Depending if you actually make it useful or not.
I like the STi's hoodscope tho.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
^^^ That's the point of reference in my head when I say I like hood scoops. I think the STI looks awesome and agressive on the front end, and I think the hood scoop definitely accentuates the front end nicely. And i'd definitely want it to be a useful hood scoop too, wanna see something funny? Check this out:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...&category=33646

Dumbest thing ever. That's what I DON'T like. I think a fully functional hood scoop would look nice on the tC. I personally don't have the photoshop prowess to project my ideas for it, but I'd love to see what someone else, especially a company could come up with in regards to that.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Originally posted by whosthatrussian@Sep 3 2004, 05:10 AM
^^^ That's the point of reference in my head when I say I like hood scoops. I think the STI looks awesome and agressive on the front end, and I think the hood scoop definitely accentuates the front end nicely. And i'd definitely want it to be a useful hood scoop too, wanna see something funny? Check this out:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...&category=33646

Dumbest thing ever. That's what I DON'T like. I think a fully functional hood scoop would look nice on the tC. I personally don't have the photoshop prowess to project my ideas for it, but I'd love to see what someone else, especially a company could come up with in regards to that.
The funtionality of the STi's hood scoop is that it directs air onto the intercooler, which cools the compressed (and hot) air going into the engine from the turbo. I'm not exactly sure what a tC hood scoop would be directing air onto... the engine block?

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Supercharger? Not sure. I think having it cool the engine block wouldn't be bad either.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
right now we want to make something subtle that wont get in the way of the stock skeleton. if you have seen our site and how our mold is, we can easily make a top mold faster than a top and bottom.

more ideas please, we want to have a vented hood done and for sale in the next 1-2 weeks.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Seriously... it reminds me of a wart ... sticking out of a beautiful car... Maybe its too high... and not wide enough? Oh another thing it reminds me of is a rhino.

Yes I'm a lady... and I will call the tC cute ... cute... cute... cute as many times as I want... cause its the truth. Its a CUTE car!

·
Registered
999 Posts
Vented hoods are not supposed to be subtle, they are supposed to serve a purpose.

Hoodscopes on the other hand are different. I can understand why the STi use them (feeds intercooler) but a hooded scoop would let cold air in, but technically no way out. It'd be all mixed inside, a vented hood would seem better, IMO.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
i think if we see some more chops, with vents and scoops, it will be easier to tell what will look good. I personally suck at photoshop, so unfortunately can't contribute anything useful.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.