Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Installing this would create many opportunities for the dealer to void your warranty. It does not appear to be something useful for a Scion, and I don't see a listing for the Camry or Scion.

·
Registered
11,881 Posts
Not a lot for the scion? Try none at all. Chipping is NOT possible on Toyota cars due to how the ECU is setup. You are better off installing a complete ECU replacement and tuning it to your specific needs, and this also has problems with warranty.

·
Premium Member
16,504 Posts
Originally posted by CHiNKyX1@Feb 1 2005, 09:42 PM
had this i...if really f*cked up my tps...
"Yeah. Uh, did you get that memo? Yeah. It's just that we're putting new coversheets on all the TPS reports *before* they go out now. So if you could just remember to do that from now on, that'd be great. Alright!"

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
The Throttle Position Sensor (the infamous TPS) usually only affects tip-in throttle response. I've run Toyotas with the TPS disconnected and the engine still ran reasonably well. I'm not sure how dependent Honda's PGM is on TPS input, but most EFI systems I have seen use it for fine tuning tip in response. Still, I have big issues with devices intended to fool the ECM into thinking some sensor is detecting something different than the actual operating value.

Years ago some of the really primitive methods used to richen mixtures involved sending corrupt coolant temperature sensor data to the ECM. Usually they'd have some variable resistor fixing the value coming from the coolant sensor to make the ECM think the engine was in constant cold cycle. It only sort of worked....this looks to be something in the same vein.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.