Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My '05 tC got vandalized last night

They slashed all 4 tires, ripped off my radio antenna, took 1 windshield wiper blade, stole both licence plates, and tossed my gas grille into the middle of my driveway (missing the tC by just inches).

I called the police, and they came and filled out a report and said they would investigate
(Keep in mind these are the police that the movie Super Troopers is based on)

Has anyone else had vandalism problems with their tC??

Anyone know if the radio antenna is a hard fix?

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Wow.... in St Albans too?! Sucks man... sorry...

The radio antenna's the easiest thing to fix.... just screw it on... You can even take the antenna from a S2000 and put it on yours.... or get one off of ebay for like $10

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
That sucks man. I'm really sorry to hear it.

The worst I've experienced so far (other than thoughtless people smashing their doors into me in a parking lot) was someone egging my car in my driveway a few weeks ago. The good news was that is was only one egg, and it cleaned up fairly well. That being said, there were a few parts where the paint was damaged.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the sympathy guys...

Another question... where can I get the plastic screws used to mount the rear licence plate. Do they have to be plastic? The little f***ers snapped them both off when stealing the plate. Now to figure out how to get the snapped off end out of the hole....

·
Registered
11,881 Posts
Holy crap dude! I'm REALLY sorry to hear about that! Good luck in finding those ####ers and lopping their balls off... people who have no respect of others property are just idiots.

The only idea I can think of to get rid of the plastic-screws is the same method if you strip a screw. Hope that helps

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Your car's marked as a Volunteer Firefighters too, right? Bring it up with the city... they might be able to put a call out...

·
Registered
380 Posts
Damn wtf is that? That sucks ass man. I hate those f*ing haters out there. They deserve to be gutted with a rusty knife or something. but to answer your question, my antenna was stolen (replaced with a s2000), one of my tire air caps was stolen (bought replacement caps at walmart), and today one of my LUG NUTS was missing on my front passenger tire (replaced for free at the dealer since they were the last to service my car {last week})

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I live in a pretty quiet neighborhood... a little cul-de-sac development type deal on the outskirts of the city... about 60 houses on my dead end street... they are all pretty close to eachother... I've got a neighbor about 15 feet from my house on one side, and about 30 feet on the other side. The tC was parked next to a 2002 Silverado in my driveway, next to my house. The silverado did not get messed with, but it was in between the tC and the house, so I think it provided some cover for them.

Hope that helps...

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
damn nick, that sucks out loud. so far the worst i have had happen to me is when those little bastards on bikes stole my (and 3 other people's) valve stem caps out in front of lances place in a gated community. and you live in a nice quiet community. i live in south sacto. i think people here are actually less likely to mess with your ride because most everyone here has their car alarmed, and most of us store at least one weapon in the house. bad guys are afraid of getting shot in the 'hood.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just got my tC back with 4 new Nokian WR's...

S2000 antenna is on the way for $10 on ebay...

The stolen licence plates are going to end up being the biggest pain in the a$$ becuase I can't drive it without plates, and the DMV closes at 4:00pm every day, and I work till 4:30... If have them send the plates by mail it will take 2-3 weeks for new plates to arrive... I'm going to end up having to leave work early, borrow a friends vehicle and drive to the DMV which is 45 minutes from my house...

·
Registered
11,881 Posts
I don't know about your state.. but Alabama let's you drive w/out a tag as long as you have proof of purchasing the tag and have a sign that says "Tag Stolen". Does that exist for you?

·
Registered
202 Posts
DMV is the suck.

But, sorry to hear this. Man this just totally suck. I am a strong believer of anyone caught stealing a car or vandalizing a car, the car owner should apply the same punishment on him/her that he did to the car. Slashed tires? Bye bye toes. Windshield smashed? Guess you don't need those eyes.

Are you going to get insurance to pay for it or are you going to pay everything yourself?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The DMV never mentioned anything similar to a "stolen tag" sign... but then again you usually have to pry the information out of them... I will call and ask... thanks for the suggestion...

and yes... I did make an insurance claim... $200 deductible, but still cheaper than replacing the tires outright...

·
Premium Member
13,780 Posts
Ugh. I would be incredibly ticked off! I'm so sorry to hear about this. I can only imagine how much of a pain it is to have to take care of too. It sure would be great if you could catch whoever did it, no? I agree with shifter's punishment opinions!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.