Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
Anything's possible. My dad once dropped a 350 Chevy V8 into a '74 Fiat Spider.

Of course, he and to get a new frame and move the firewall back 2 feet (along with a number of other needed modifications), but it was possible.

·
Registered
272 Posts
anything is possible with money and time.

you would be thorwing off the already nose-heavy weight balane of the tC which would screw up ur handling. and for the money of a new v6 and swapping it in u could build the 4cyl up to make twice the power

·
Registered
658 Posts
I agree with ZEROmotorsports. Man the EVo is a nice car and and fast I fffffffkkkkk hate that car it looks ugly and its even slower then the EVO. The evo is too expensive damn it i'd rather have the tc turbocharged for less and teh EVo is a sedan and the tc is sport coup.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Originally posted by lightdir@Feb 17 2005, 11:28 PM
for what it will cost to swap a v6 in the TC you should have just bought a STI or Evo VIII MR.
I grew up loving toyotas and love how they never seem to die. Now I know for a fact Subaru and Mitsubishis are no where on the same level with toyota when it comes to quality. I have several frinds with wrx's and some with mitsubishi cars and there allways in the shop. Thoughs car also don't have the refinment of toyota's and I did test drive them all but I just feel in love with the tC. And after adding my super charger that will be plenty fast. And I know it will be around for years to come.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Originally posted by ScionGTR@Feb 18 2005, 08:02 AM
I agree with ZEROmotorsports. Man the EVo is a nice car and and fast I fffffffkkkkk hate that car it looks ugly and its even slower then the EVO. The evo is too expensive damn it i'd rather have the tc turbocharged for less and teh EVo is a sedan and the tc is sport coup.
Is this even english?

I assume you are trying to say that the STI is slower than the Evo, which would be incorrect.

·
Registered
658 Posts
The STI has more hp the nteh EVO does, but teh EVo acc more then da STI. And i still prefer teh EVO from the STI it might look rice but it looks better it looks more like turbocharged car.

·
Premium Member
16,504 Posts
Originally posted by ScionGTR@Feb 19 2005, 02:21 AM
The STI has more hp the nteh EVO does, but teh EVo acc more then da STI. And i still prefer teh EVO from the STI it might look rice but it looks better it looks more like turbocharged car.
Incorect. Because the STi has all-wheel drive it has better grip which leads it to 60 in 4.3 seconds while the Evo takes 4.4 seconds. See article.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Great video! Especially the no boost acceleration piece. Nothing hurts worse than being in the wrong gear in a turbo car when someone wants to play.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Originally posted by ScionGTR@Feb 18 2005, 11:21 PM
This is all I could dig up in a couple min.... They're practically identical.

"Both cars recorded smoldering 0-60-mph times — on a par with some European exotics — with the Evo clocking 4.8 seconds (better than in the last test by 0.3 sec. due to a change of surface) and the WRX STi at 4.9. Why was the more powerful Subaru slower? Because the Subaru's 6-speed gearbox has significantly closer ratios, a 2-3 shift is necessary before reaching 60 mph, while in the Mitsu, you can hold 2nd gear past the 60-mph mark. And a 2-3 upshift, no matter how quickly performed, will result in three-tenths to a half-second of extra time. To the quarter mile, the WRX STi catches the Evo and ultimately passes it by a small margin, 13.3 sec. to 13.4."

From - http://www.roadandtrack.com/article.asp?se...2&page_number=2

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.