Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I pick up my car on Thursday. I was curious if I upgraded the exhaust, rims,short shifter, shift knob etc. do I get to keep the OEM stuff? Might come in handy to sell for more stuff. Since the car has a set base price and most all of this stuff is stock shouldn't I get it??? Thanks

·
Premium Member
7,429 Posts
if the parts were added at the port you are out of luck because your dealer doesn't have the stock parts.

if your parts were added at the dealership you could ask for the stock parts. make sure you ask right away because the parts may end up being sent out or tossed.

the stock rims may add a few dollars to your price as the sale of rims at the dealership reflect a alloy wheel credit. but, perhaps your salesperson could hook that up too. we usually charge $25 per wheel to keep the stock parts. You shouldn't have a problem getting everything else.

·
Premium Member
7,429 Posts
Originally posted by Greenhayabusa@Jul 10 2005, 11:32 AM
Since the car has a set base price and most all of this stuff is stock shouldn't I get it??? Thanks
oh, and one more thing about this.

if you read the window sticker it will tell you something like this:

customers choosing to upgrade the base audio and/or wheels are paying for the upgrade and will not recieve stock parts on delivery. Or something close to that.

just so you know.

remember, closed mouths don't get fed. ask for your stock parts but, understand if they are unable to help you out on this. the reaction to the request may vary from dealership to dealership. I know we try our best to help our customers with this. Also, if it is a problem, don't get the upgrades as part of the car deal. if you get them afterwards, you will get the stock parts as S.O.P. At least that is how it works here.

okay, now I'm done.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
I got my old exhast, since it has like 3 miles or whatever on it they can't resell it, so I have that sitting in my garage (not sure what im going to do with it). I think a radio might be alittle different though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.