Scion tC Forums banner

Would you be interested in such a product?

• Maybe, if I decide my huge-ass boxes I made continue to annoy me and get in my way.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nope, the stock system is just fine for me.

• Are you nuts? That's way over priced!!

1 - 20 of 368 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had a few of you ask about it, and after the Import Motion show, more people have asked. Just wondering if it would be well received. I have some target pricing as well. The kit would include the sealed fiberglass enclosure with an internal volume of .75 cuft, terminal cups and speaker wire, a mounting template, a replacement side panel covered in factory style upholstery and an installation guide with a list of recommended woofers to load into it. Target price is $350-400. The factory carpet tucks underneath a shelf and remains intact. No other mods are required and you retain most of your cargo space. This box takes up less useable space than the factory Bazooka box, looks cleaner and more integrated, and will outperform that box any day of the week! Keep in mind, if this were to be built by hand at a custom shop, it would run anywhere from $1000-1500 just for the box!!

Pic of the side panel replacement (woofer not included)

Raw Box. Will be painted black.

Loaded with Alpine Type-R 10" (not included) and installed w/o side panel.

Please give me some feedback. Thanx,

Alpman

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
I like the storage space that gets covered up by both stock bazooka and this thing - keep my tools, flashlight, camera tripod, tire shine in there... So I'll stick with my funny-sounding tube

But the idea is great - I'm sure you will have the market for it. You do need to price it lower than stock, though to really kick butt.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by zoltiz@Feb 12 2005, 12:50 PM
I like the storage space that gets covered up by both stock bazooka and this thing - keep my tools, flashlight, camera tripod, tire shine in there... So I'll stick with my funny-sounding tube

But the idea is great - I'm sure you will have the market for it. You do need to price it lower than stock, though to really kick butt.
The storage space under the carpet is still accessible. You don't give that up w/ this box. Also, this is an upgrade from the stock box. Better fitment, better performance, better materials (fiberglass) and it looks more stock than the stock box does. Therefore, it justifies the additional cost over the OEM box IMHO. I appreciate your input. This is exactly why I need the feedback.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Post a pic with the passenger side storage flap open, please, when you have a minute.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
How's this:

That's about the best pic I have. Currently, my two mono-block sub amps (yes two amps, one to each voicecoil on the sub) are in that location. I have no problem getting to the amps with the sub box installed. The only part that isn't useable is that tiny little cubby in the corner. Wasn't very useable in the first place IMO.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Thanks for the pic. Looks like the trunk "floor" will fit fine, but the flap will be caught under the sub - still theoretically removable, but nost something you'd want to do every day.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
I would be *very* interested -- I love the look. That is some of the best work I have ever seen. However, like zoltiz said, I'd like to see the price a little lower.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Originally posted by zoltiz@Feb 12 2005, 02:33 PM
Thanks for the pic. Looks like the trunk "floor" will fit fine, but the flap will be caught under the sub - still theoretically removable, but nost something you'd want to do every day.
It's actually very easily removeable. Just lift the left side out first and pull the right side out from under the shelf.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Originally posted by basilisk4@Feb 12 2005, 04:33 PM
I would be *very* interested -- I love the look.  That is some of the best work I have ever seen.  However, like zoltiz said, I'd like to see the price a little lower.
Pricing is tentative. I'll have a better idea after I meet w/ the manufacturer. Next week I'm out of town on business. I'll find out more the week after.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
yeah, thats in the works. as soon as greg gets back in town you can expect a call and a visit so we can discuss how to do it best. glad we are able to keep this produced locally. wish more companied in sacramento and the area were interested in working with us. this site is a hook up for great minds to collaborate on.

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Originally posted by zoltiz@Feb 12 2005, 01:33 PM
Z - I can "theoretically" remove my flap with the Bazooka sub. It just slides out from under it.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Originally posted by Labfish@Feb 12 2005, 09:06 PM
Hey Alpman, with your enclosure can the cargo tab be accessed? The Bazooka one blocks the right one which makes the cargo net pointless.
The cargo tab is removed and covered by the panel.

1 - 20 of 368 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.