Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered an undercar LED kit a couple of weeks ago. They've been just sitting in my living room until yesterday. I finally took my car to the shop and got them installed. It only cost me $205 for everything. The kit was $100, shipping was $20, and installation was $85. They're the kind that change to 7 different colors and have 17 different functions. I drove to my parents house last night, and now my dad wants a set! Ha!

I would definitely recommend them to anybody who thinks they might like it, because I wasn't too sure when I ordered them, but I love them.

I'll try to take pictures tonight and post them sometime.

EDIT: They said at the shop yesterday that the kit will only work when the key is in the ignition. Does anybody know of a way around this? I'm assuming it's just like how you can't use the cigarette lighters when the car is off. I know I've read before (I think on here) about how someone wired their undercar kit into their alarm system, so wouldn't there have to be a way to be able to turn it on without the key in? I don't know, because I know nothing about car electronics.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
You could wire it straight to the battery with its own fuse and switch. I'm not sure why the place that installed it didn't do it like that.

·
Registered
6,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The wires coming from the control unit to the power source have a fuse, and the unit itself has a power button, as does the remote. I might have to take it back to the shop though if that's what I have to do.

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
What Brand did you get? I have the PacificGlow Million Color LED kit. Cost me $160 and $50 install, and yes, there's so many different color/light patterns it's crazy.

I have mine wired so that it will turn on when my parking lights are on. I could have wired it straight to the battery but with a kit like this it's a bit tougher. You'd have to splice the wires and extend them to the battery, and depending on where the control box is put. If you put the box in the engine compartment, you won't get the sound-sensitive capabilities, because it will pick up the engine vibration if the car's on, and the sound from the passenger compartment will be muffled if it's off.

·
Registered
6,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is what I got. It's from ImportAuctions, but I think the brand name is something like Code LED. I almost wish I would have spent the extra $30 or $40 and gotten the million color one. Does that have more than 17 functions too?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.