1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
i'd get an intake

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
So would I, but then again, underbody lighting's illegal in Arizona...

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
pretty sure its illegal in CA... dunno about arkansas tho

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Well...technically, it's only legal in Arizona if your car's parked and the engine's turned off. I think it's still legal in California, not sure though.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Cops don't make the laws. Blame your legislature for the laws. And they are illegal in CA. Check the vehicle code, you'll see.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Once again, I stand corrected

·
Registered
658 Posts
I think they are also illegal in Illinois, but when you drive on the streets with them. If you are on a parking lot or something i think you could. Even a friend of mine told me that he asked a cop ones and the cop said that are illegal only if they match the emergency colors. So basicly you could use purple, pink, green, yellow and white. But i dont beleive it. I got to ask myself to be sure. I also remember when i was in high school the cop there said that everyhthing that you add to your car is illegal including body kits, but i never seen anyone with a ticket for having big ass wing on his car or some body kit.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Since the "Uniform Rules of the Road" contain certain specific requirements for the colors and kinds of lighting that can appear on the exterior of a car, and since most (if not all) states' traffic laws are largely based on these Rules, I would be surprised if there were any state in which it wasn't illegal to have colored lights under the car (other than maybe amber) that were on when the car is moving.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Originally posted by Labfish@Mar 15 2005, 10:40 PM
Isn't it illegal in most states?
Not in Kansas and I do have mine on order, I like how they look. I know its against some peoples perspectives but I like how they look.

Labfish in the KSA (I forget what the numbers are but) You can have blue, green, purple, turquoise, yellow, but not red or white and they cannot be flashing.

I got the 7 Color LED kit from Streetglow off of ebay for about $200. DO NOT get the OPTX get on ebay those are scams. THey are not the true multi-color adjustable kits.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
goldenchild, your statement made me curious...so I checked the law in Kansas and found that you're right. I'm still shocked that blue is allowed, but here's the law in Kansas:

Originally posted by K.S.A. Sec. 8-1723 (2003)
8-1723.  Additional lighting equipment permitted.

(f)  Any motor vehicle may be equipped with neon ground effect lighting, except that such lighting shall not flash, be any shade of red nor shall any portion of the neon tubes be visible. "Neon ground effect lighting" means neon tubes placed underneath the motor vehicle for the purpose of illuminating the ground below the motor vehicle creating a halo light effect.
So, there ya go! Kansas people, neon up your cars all you want!

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
So Golden, when ya going to take a lil' drive up here so I can see those lights? LoL...not that I'm into underbody led's. Just want to see them. And those wheels you're putting on

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Originally posted by Labfish@Mar 19 2005, 09:31 AM
So Golden, when ya going to take a lil' drive up here so I can see those lights? LoL...not that I'm into underbody led's. Just want to see them. And those wheels you're putting on
Well, I just put on the lights two days ago, I am still trying to figure them out, the manual is a little weird but I think that I got it down.

Otherwise, I will be putting on my 19s this summer...I am going to go with the Konig Prophets in Opal. I love the way they look since i photochopped them on there.

Anyhow, yeah I might make a trip up there soon since I have a relative or two up there and my girlfriend as another friend up there, so I might have to drop by and show you around the car, yeah since I got my new Kickers and Amp and when I get my new job the rims and lowering will be happening....

The LED underglows look really cool on the Scion and it really to me doesn't look ricey at all, I have gotten alot of complements and I have it wired to my alarm so when my car turns on so do the underglows...remote start that is

·
Registered
402 Posts
You can also buy them here.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
awsome! thanks for all the info. I'm going to ask a cop next time i see one (that isn't pulling me over for speeding) if there is any laws prohibiting the use of Undercar LED's. I'm too lazy to look it up on the internet!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.