Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reading over at ScionLife about a couple xB owners putting subs under the seat, and someone mentioned they got an Infinity BassLink under their seat.

The BassLink is about 9" high... does anyone know if it would fit under the seat of a tC? I've never been in an xB, but the xB seats can't be that much higher, can they?

My idea was to put an amp under the seat and have a box in the trunk with handles so I could remove it easily if needed, but now I'm warming up to the idea of everything under the seat... the only other option I know of is the Kenwood wOOx, and that doesn't seem like enough power... any other ideas?

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
strongly doubt something that big would be able to fit under the seat, although I haven't measured but I am pretty certain that it wouldn't fit. Although an amp would fit underneath there since that is where mine is.

Matt

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
I have a Kenwood powered 8" sub, which is about the same size as the Basslink, and there is absolutely no way it would fit under one of the front seats.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I was thinking about putting these under the front seats, but I don't know if they work. Anyone have experience with these?

late

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Originally posted by joshmoney@Dec 7 2004, 11:37 AM
I was thinking about putting these under the front seats, but I don't know if they work. Anyone have experience with these?

late
Oh dear God, do not mess with those a friend of mine had those and they are horrible trust me on that one...you will want to give them away once you hear them. Actually you want to sue the company for even making them.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Originally posted by goldenchild
Oh dear God, do not mess with those a friend of mine had those and they are horrible trust me on that one...you will want to give them away once you hear them. Actually you want to sue the company for even making them.
That's because they don't emit sound (hence the name bass shaker). They are designed to be mounted to the frame of some piece of furniture and shake that piece so you feel the bass.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I know a guy who had these mounted under his seats on his Jeep Wrangler. With the open top, it's hard to get good bass, so he wanted to trick people into thinking there was a lot of bass by having them feel like. I think it's kinda lame, and feeling the bass myself was pretty worthless. It didn't enchance the sound one bit.

I think it would be cool to get one of the big 3-foot ones for your house and stick it on the underside of the floor (BEFORE the house is finished, lol) of your home theater room. That way it actually serves a purpose... watching a war movie and there's a big bomb dropped, and you feel like. THATS good application...

Just my 2 cents...

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Bass shakers...that's just silly.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.