Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I go to get in my car tonight at work to get a cd out, and what doesn't come on? Ding ding ding! The LIGHT. So I switch it to on, and then back to door, think nothing of it, LIKE I'VE BEEN DOING SINCE I GOT THE CAR. (sigh, i just never thought anything of it, call me nieve). Then my buddy pointed this out to me, and showed me on his 05 tC that his light comes on. Well, no $hit. So I close the door, unarm the car. Open the door, nothing. I close the door, rearm the car, wait a minute, unarm the car, open the passenger's door, light comes on.

With all of the $hit that's happened to me with my car so far (i've allready taken it to the service dept twice for "wheel alignments"), i swear to god if they make me schedule to get this fixed i'm going to flip the fuc|< out. This is UNACCEPTABLE with a new car. Even the door light in my busted 11 year old Prizm worked. For christ sakes.

Whatever. So now I get to get up bright and early tomorrow and deal with this $hit. I'm so pissed.. I'm contacting toyota and giving them an earfull if they make me bring my car back in 2 weeks and drop it off ALL day so they can fix their wiring screw up that I'm sure happened when they put the security system on. </ends this rant before something retarded slips or happens>

·
Registered
675 Posts
hey serith.. yeah since you switched it back to door, and the light never came on when the doors were unlocked then yeah they screwed up the wiring of the alarm! that would get to me too..

you've gone for two alignments? what was the problem? and did the last one even fix it?

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Scion security jacked the interior light? That's bizarre. It sounds like the driver's side pin switch isn't working.

FWIW, I never have the computer dummies align my car. I have it done by a guy who uses all hand tools. It's more accurate and produces more consistent results. He was the only one who could fix the inside edge wear on my Supra's rear tires. I don't trust computerized alignment racks at all mostly because the guys running them don't understand the principles of aligning a car. They just make adjustments until the lights go green and call it a day. It might be look like it's OK, but it's still all over the map and having issues. I've seen it many, many times.

·
Registered
675 Posts
yeah i completely agree, just because it's "within specification" DOES NOT mean it is correct! Glad to know others out there do understand the computer dummies. How in the world do these people get a job? unreal!...

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My car pulled to the right really bad when I first got it. And it was worsened by torque steer (if you accelerated a bit). So, I took it down to the dealer, and get a ride to work (no loaner for me, i'm not 21
). I get a call back about 3 hours later, stating my car is fixed. I pick it up, excited as anyone would be (prior to this i didn't want to do any serious driving with the car b/c i didn't want to prematurley wear out the rubber). What happened? Car still pulls to the right just as it did before. I swear they never even test drove it. So I bring it back, again. I tell them what's happening, and how unhappy I am. This time, my car stayed in the shop all day, and their senior tech worked on it. I got it back and now it's fine.

Reguarding the door light, I almost exploded yesterday when I noticed it wasn't coming on. I guess I never realized it b/c when I unarm the car, the light automaticaly comes on for about 10sec, then goes off, and that's usually enough time to get in and start my car. I'll let you guys know what happens, I'm going over there right now.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I saw my dealer, and he was kinda dumb founded.. but he walked me back to the service dept, and then let me schedule an appointment. SIGH.

So now I have a 7:30am appointment on my birthday, the 1st.

·
Registered
109 Posts
ON YOUR BIRTHDAY! O HELL NO! they best be giving you free stuff for this hassle your going through. I mean even the installers for my aftermarket alarm didnt screw up the wiring SHEESH!

I had the pulling to the right when i first got my car too, WTF is up with that? Do all the tc's have this problem? Anyways i took it to them, and demanded they rotated and balanced the tires, because it's pulling to the right, they never test drove it for me they just did it, havent had a problem since.

That is the one thing that bugs me about dealerships...is that you tell them the problem and then you clearly state the problem only exists when you are driving, then they say OK and then they call you and say THE CAR IS DONE!! then to my disbelief they say they couldnt get my drivers side vent to move on it's own! i said GET IN THE CAR WERE GOING FOR A DRIVE, what happens...3 SECONDS AFTER I DRIVE OFF THE LOT IT MOVES!! he said O OK..i was like TARD!!!

Sorry was venting, but they have fixed it since, thank god!

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don't want any more problems with my car.. and I hope my vents don't act up!

You know what's funny though? I'm sure there are other online communites for other cars that people like as much as we like our tC's. And what's so funny is that while we sit here and nit pick over ridiculous $hit like unbalanced tires, paint/trim problems, appearance blemishes, possessed vents, etc.. I'm sure there are thousands of people who think we have it made, b/c they're spending their time complaining how they're having engine/transmission/boost problelms (nudge nudge srt-4), etc.. Just knowing that there are people who pay dodge $ every month almost makes me sick to my stomach.

Whatever, I just think we have the better end of the stick, even if our problems are annoying, they're not serious.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Originally posted by serith@Aug 24 2005, 08:55 AM
I don't want any more problems with my car.. and I hope my vents don't act up!

You know what's funny though? I'm sure there are other online communites for other cars that people like as much as we like our tC's. And what's so funny is that while we sit here and nit pick over ridiculous $hit like unbalanced tires, paint/trim problems, appearance blemishes, possessed vents, etc.. I'm sure there are thousands of people who think we have it made, b/c they're spending their time complaining how they're having engine/transmission/boost problelms (nudge nudge srt-4), etc.. Just knowing that there are people who pay dodge $ every month almost makes me sick to my stomach.

Whatever, I just think we have the better end of the stick, even if our problems are annoying, they're not serious.
AMEN!!!

I agree..i know the things we complain about are more annoying then anything..but i am soo glad it's toyota ya know? He he

·
Registered
675 Posts
yeah a rattle isn't that bad, true.. but the real problem is that these technicians are kinda dumb, you tell them clearly what is going on and they lie and don't fix a thing.. that's scary that they can't fix a rattle, what happens if you ever have something serious like needing engine or transmission help? i would definitely find another dealer that's crazy..

oh and did they ever explain why the car was pulling to the right? was the alignment messed up or did they say it was the tires?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Originally posted by sciontc_mich@Aug 24 2005, 10:44 AM
but the real problem is that these technicians are kinda dumb, you tell them clearly what is going on and they lie and don't fix a thing..
This is so true. An even scarier fact: I owned a 2001 volvo s40, every time I took it to a delaership(there are only 2 volvo dealers close) I encountered the same type of idiots and sometimes worse, and from what I've heard volvo mechanics are supposed to have extended training and so forth because of how complicated thier cars are. In one small instance I took it in to get the small switch panel on the driver side door replaced(broken screw mount), well the tech broke the new panel trying to install it, so intead of just ordering a new one he tried to super glue the new one in.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Originally posted by sciontc_mich@Aug 24 2005, 01:44 PM
yeah a rattle isn't that bad, true.. but the real problem is that these technicians are kinda dumb, you tell them clearly what is going on and they lie and don't fix a thing.. that's scary that they can't fix a rattle, what happens if you ever have something serious like needing engine or transmission help? i would definitely find another dealer that's crazy..

oh and did they ever explain why the car was pulling to the right? was the alignment messed up or did they say it was the tires?
The first time I brought it in for the pulling problem, when I picked it up, my dealer went on to explain how mad the technician was who fixed it saying stuff like "I can't believe he was allowed to drive this car home, the tires weren't balanced at all!", etc.. So I really thought he must have fixed my problem.... nope. Car still pulled to the right just as much as it did before. And I'm not talking about a few seconds of delay time after letting go of the wheel, I'm talking about if I let the wheel go, I was either eating the break down lane, or swapping paint with another car. It was terrible. So I brought it in again, and this time my car was in the shop all day, comparraed to the 3 hours it was in the first time. When I called to see if my car was done at like 4pm after bringing her down at 8am, the guy who answered told me their senior tech was still working on it. At least they put more effort into it this time I guess, is what I was thinking. I picked her up again, and I really thought the problem was fixed, but I have another appointment scheduled for the 14th of Sep, b/c supposivly my car is still slightly pulling to the right (I can't even tell anymore), and an official senior toyota technician is coming into syracuse that day to look at my car.

So, that'll make my count back to the dealership, 3x for wheel alignments, and 1x for them fixing my dome light (that's on the 1st). At least I'm not bringing my car back complaining about more serious matters. =/

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.