Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So yeah, I was really excited to find out that I won the TRD springs (thanks again Eric and Ken!!!)....but OMG....I just called my dealership and they said it would be about $460 to install the springs, rear anti-sway bar (which I'm also gonna' get from Sparks), and to align the car.

$460.00? I mean seriously.....I thought IMASAF said something about $100 for the springs install, and everyone has said the anti-sway bar is a piece of cake...and their normal alignment fees are less than $80, I think.

Is the alignment even necessary after all of that? I mean heck, my car has been pulling a tad to the right for a little while anyways, and I was gonna' have them check on it under the warranty during my next oil change....

BAH! If I can't find a much cheaper quote, what are the odds that a newb car person puts on the springs and anti-sway bar and screws something up?

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LOL, don't tempt me Wolo.

Although....Randmcnally says I probably shouldn't, hehehe....

(One-way)

Estimated Total Driving Time: 44 hours, 20 minutes
Estimated Total Driving Distance: 2723 miles

Man that would be one heck of a road-trip though.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
yep, that would earn a gold star at least.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
$460 dealer quote is below average. Various "performance shops" might do it for $150-200. I had mine done by a couple of friends - did part of the install myself, and still paid them some cash. (I think all in all it was about $100 plus 5 hours of my life).

So a) look for friends that would do it, b) look for "speed shops" or c) save money.

And yes, alignment is recommended if you like your tires to last.

·
Premium Member
1,713 Posts
Kevin from the SOC group might be able to help us out .. we can talk to him on Saturday... his friend has a garage.... maybe with a little cohersing (sp?) we might be able to talk him into talking to his friend & letting us install our goodies at his garage with their help and maybe some beer

·
Registered
427 Posts
OK, who is Sac wants to help me install TRD springs and a rear sway?

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Originally posted by onefunkyfreshdj@Nov 4 2004, 07:28 PM
Kevin from the SOC group might be able to help us out .. we can talk to him on Saturday... his friend has a garage.... maybe with a little cohersing (sp?) we might be able to talk him into talking to his friend & letting us install our goodies at his garage with their help and maybe some beer
Well, I couldn't go to the meet on the 6th because my boyfriends friend was getting married. I did go this weekend and hung around until 6:30 but no one else from the SOC showed up.

Even if people were going to go this weekend, I have yet ANOTHER freaking wedding to go to. (Guess I'm hitting that age where everyone I know is getting hitched.)

Anyways, that might not be such a bad idea, ESPECIALLY if Kevin's friend's work wouldn't negate my suspension warranty. Heck, that's DEFINITELY worth AT LEAST a case or two of beer.

For now though, I just look at my springs everyday and pray I can get them installed soon. (I just decided to move into an apartment after the first of the year, so if I want to do anything even remotely expensive to my car, I'll have to be soon....hehe).

·
Premium Member
1,713 Posts
We got there around 6:45 this past weekend & then went to Western Sizzlin @ Crossroads. We go different places now cause Fast Freddy's is beginning to get expensive.
I briefly talked to Kevin but I'm not sure about the whole "friends' garage" anymore but I'll keep prodding.

·
Registered
409 Posts
468 isnt too bad, i got quoted 700 for shocks, rear, and springs .... whatever i figure if i ever buy thje springs and ish ill do it myself with some friends, haha

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Originally posted by onefunkyfreshdj@Nov 12 2004, 10:51 PM
I briefly talked to Kevin but I'm not sure about the whole "friends' garage" anymore but I'll keep prodding.
Well that seriously sucks...hehe...but thanks for checking!

I'll just have to keep my ears open for something talking cars and try to make friends with them and see what happens.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts