Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

· Registered
4,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
there has been a lot of talk about alpine type r subs on this site. it seems like everyone has them. i was jus wondering, which is better, alpine type r, type s, or type x? also, is Ma Audio or Audiobahn in the same league as alpine, perfromance wise? because their prices are about the same so....

· Registered
6,498 Posts
Unless I'm mistaken, Type-X is supposed to be the best, Type-R is second, and Type-S is third. However, I have a Type-S sub and it is very nice.

· Registered
4,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hey, thanks eddie. i was on alpines website and i was looking at 6.5 type-r component speakers, but they only seem to just come with the speaker. does this mean that i buy the tweeter seperately? also, do i just buy one amp to amplify the four speakers in the car, or do i need one for each?

edit: i cant find alpine tweeters anywhere, do you know of any other good component speakers as well as regualr speakers?

· Registered
2,278 Posts
Alright, here is what I run

SUB AMP = Alpine MRD-M605
SUBWOOFER = Alpine SWR1042D
Front Components = Alpine Type-R SPR-17LS (include speaker, tweeter and crossover)
Rear Coaxials = Alpine Type-R SPR-17LP (rear speaker and tweeter, coaxial setup)

If you go to crutchfield.com you can find good pics and explanations of both of these models. Also, i used alpman's adapters to get the speakers to work.

As far as an amp a single 4 channel 40 or 50 rms x 4 channel amp will run the speakers great. The MRD-345 is a good option. I have a JBL 80.4 I am going to hook up to my speakers as soon as I get my amp rack made.

-Ed

· Registered
1,860 Posts
Hey eddiemoney are you running a 14.4V charging system cause your amp which I have two of only hits 400RMS at 12V charging systems which is what I run or will be running anyway..just wanted to check wit ya

ok anyway with all that aside get yourself some type r's man you will love them...and no the component type r set comes with tweeters they just don't picture them

· Registered
4,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
oh okay, thanks, with all of the products that i saw from a website i'll be ordering from, it seems to me that the components, rear speakers, subs, and amps should cost me a little over two grand. does that sound right to you?

· Registered
2,278 Posts
Mr Brace,

The spec sheet lists it as 648 at 14.4; which should equate more to low 500 watt range rms at 12V, but your car should be charging more at 13 or so wish will put it between those numbers somewhere.

Hate,
Yes $1000 sounds about right if you are doing wholesale or ebay. Remeber you will not get a warranty with that kind of stuff though. The only way to get a warrarnty is to go through a place like crutchfield, or another authorized retailer. I got my stuff off ebay because i don't care about warranty, if it is important to you be careful who you buy from.

· Registered
4,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
2 of these: Alpine SPR-17LS
6-1/2" Type-R Component 2-Way Speaker at $144.00

2 of these: Alpine SPR-134A
5-1/4" Type-R Coaxial 2-Way Speaker (Pair) at $89.00

2 of these: Alpine SWX-1242D
12" 3000W Dual 4-Ohm Subwoofer at $284.00

1 of these:
Alpine MRV-F545
125W x 4 car amplifier for speakers at $349.00

2 of these: Alpine MRD-M1005
1800W x 1 mono subwoofer amplifier for subs at $368.00

1 of these: Q-Logic QB-212.4
Dual 12" bandpass subwoofer box width: 33-5/16"
height: 15-3/8"
bottom depth: 18-5/16"
top depth: 13" at $179.99

Grand Total:
$2210 plus shipping.

EDIT: One Year Warranty Included

· Registered
2,278 Posts
You can fit 6 1/2's in the back, just FYI
That sub setup will blow your ears off, but not in that box; you really need to make a custom box, or spent 300 or so and get one professionally made for you at a local stereo shop; the sound will be much better than that bandpass box. You need a custom sealed or ported box for optimum sound. Honestly one of those subs would be more than enough also, im not sure you know what 1800watts rms sounds like

· Registered
4,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
lol, yea, im a dj, so if the sound isnt loud, it wont be good enough. Thats the system im mostly going for. atleast i didnt put the full 3000w to each sub. I dont even know if they make an amp that large.

just a question, since the 6.5 wont fit in the back, i guess i will go with the alpine 5.25 inches. that should be good, rigt?

· Registered
1,860 Posts
No the 6 1/2 will fit in the back with alpmans kit I orderd them and they fit perfectly...

Here is my setup and I think its going to be plenty loud.

2 X Type R's 12"
2 X MRD-605s (one for each sub)

With type r components and rear speakers all 6.5"

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.