Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to get my TYC LED tail lamps modded, and in order to figure out exactly what I can do with them, I decided to shoot some close-up shots of various sections from various angles in macro mode. I figured I might as well share them with the rest of you--maybe you'll get your own interesting ideas!

Pics! (to get even closer, click the pic); my apologies on the dirty, dirty car--it's been raining quite a bit in NY lately:

Right now I'm personally looking into two possibilities; if these things peel apart when baked, I want to have the amber and red reflectors/lenses spray tinted. This should match my spray tinted side marker lenses best up front:

If not, then I will probably have Zoltiz do the tinted overlay on the upper half of the lamp, hiding onlythe amber and red portions.

EDIT: Okay, here are the night time pics, as requested. It had rained, but I did wipe down the tail lamps before shooting:

Any other suggestions?

-Ed

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Ed, we'll have pictures of the completely tinted TYC lights Monday night or Tuesday. The customer asked us to put 2 layers on the amber, so I'll have a separate set of pictures of smoked amber part. Hope it will help you in your quest

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by zoltiz@Sep 17 2005, 05:27 PM
Ed, we'll have pictures of the completely tinted TYC lights Monday night or Tuesday. The customer asked us to put 2 layers on the amber, so I'll have a separate set of pictures of smoked amber part. Hope it will help you in your quest
Wait, as in one layer covering both, amber and red, and then a second layer covering only amber? Or as in dual identical layers covering only amber?

-Ed

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Originally posted by EddNog+Sep 17 2005, 08:28 PM-->QUOTE (EddNog @ Sep 17 2005, 08:28 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-zoltiz
@Sep 17 2005, 05:27 PM
Wait, as in one layer covering both, amber and red, and then a second layer covering only amber? Or as in dual identical layers covering only amber?

-Ed [/b]
First layer will cover only amber (we'll take pictures at this stage), and then another layer covering entire tail light (more pictures here, included installed on the car).

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by goldenchild@Sep 17 2005, 05:37 PM
hey edd I have never seen those tails lit up at night you think you might be able to get some of those?
I think I've gotten like 18,000 requests for this...

I'll try to get it done tonight after dinner.

-Ed

·
Registered
958 Posts
Originally posted by zoltiz@Sep 17 2005, 05:27 PM
Hey zolitz.. i might be interested in that too~ x)

(as soon as I get some money)

·
Registered
224 Posts
Hey what bulbs did you use in your license plate lights?

·
Registered
250 Posts
sweet bro, do you have a covered parking for your car? i like yours a lot, its just cost a lot off money for those tailights, i did the cheap version i got amber overlay on mine, i not really good in posting pictures, but i will try ti post them for you so you can check it out, peace,find that car some good shaded parking new york city, she might catch a cold poor thing

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Originally posted by BlackTC@Sep 17 2005, 11:42 PM
Hey what bulbs did you use in your license plate lights?
They're stock.

Originally posted by mrbong@Sep 18 2005, 01:17 AM
sweet bro, do you have a covered parking for your car? i like yours a lot, its just cost a lot off money for those tailights, i did the cheap version i got amber overlay on mine, i not really good in posting pictures, but i will try ti post them for you so you can check it out, peace,find that car some good shaded parking new york city, she might catch a cold poor thing
We have one garage between the two of us and my dad is the one that gets home late, so no, my car doesn't get shelter here at home; however, I do pay for a monthly spot in Manhattan, so every day while I'm at work my car does have a nice, safe spot in a nice, warm garage.

-Ed

·
Registered
195 Posts

After seeing Eddnog tailights tinted, I right away got them done.

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Originally posted by TC2SINGH4TC@Jan 31 2006, 05:54 PM
yo nice lights,,on the back and front,,,,
yo how did u smoke the side markers on ur headlights

good work so far
Bake open the headlamps, pop out the side marker lenses and spray tint them. I had them done during the retrofitting of the projectors and halos.

-Ed

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.