Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a dummy who just found out my 2006 Scion Tc has two catalytic converters. A friend used his scanner to determine a converter was defective, but I didn't know there were two. How do I know which one? Already replaced 2 sensors, so apparently that's not the problem. I have to pass California smog test in three weeks and am on a meager social security dole, so need help finding the cheapest way out. Thanks.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'm a dummy who just found out my 2006 Scion Tc has two catalytic converters. A friend used his scanner to determine a converter was defective, but I didn't know there were two. How do I know which one? Already replaced 2 sensors, so apparently that's not the problem. I have to pass California smog test in three weeks and am on a meager social security dole, so need help finding the cheapest way out. Thanks.
Sadly I had the same problem and changed every O2 sensors and both cats. From that experience, it was hard to determine which one and unfortunately didn't find out till it was the last one which was the front cat. How I determined it was using a laser thermometer and measured the cat temp body and the immediate exhaust pipe behind it. The difference should be a few hundred degrees if not the cat is NOT doing its job.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts