Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would it be bad to have two amps in the trunk next to spare tire?

One for speakers, and the other for sub. Would i be running a high risk of overheating or massive interferiance and signal pick up in the wires?

Thanks

·
Registered
131 Posts
It depends where you have them and whats around them. I fyou leave it stock and jam them in there then yes you risk big overheating. Especially if you have a big box setting on them. If you make a false floor and take the foamies out then there could be enough flow to handle cooling them.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well i was planing on taking out foam...mounting the amps on 1/4 inc mdf board or abs, and the size of amps will allow for around 1 1/2 inch between them and some space around them and walls.

what do you all think?

·
Registered
131 Posts
That should be ok. You just want to leave a hole up to the side of the trunk behind the fake covers for the taillights(theres about a six inch distance between the two). This opens you up to flow throughout the car. Just monitor the temp and if you need to put a fan on the side and keep the air flowing through the trunk and car do that.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
BRILLIANT!!!! Brilliant! BRILLIANT!!!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.