Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
TWM released a short/quick shifter today.

The final numbers are a knob height reduction of 2"and throw reduction of 35%. It's a HUGE improvement over stock and really makes the car feel as sporty as it looks.

Costs $145 from http://www.twmperformance.com/

Now that is really worth the money, as opposed to $70 shift knobs

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
That'll make a HUGE difference on my auto! YAY!

·
Registered
409 Posts
sorry for my Ignance, but is TWM Performance a quality company? is it well known or what not? like Momo is to shiftknobs etc?

·
Premium Member
1,713 Posts
Originally posted by basilisk4@Oct 4 2004, 12:45 PM
That'll make a HUGE difference on my auto! YAY!
Correct me if I'm wrong.... but I didn't thnk you could use a short shifter on an Automatic.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by onefunkyfreshdj+Oct 4 2004, 08:47 PM-->QUOTE (onefunkyfreshdj @ Oct 4 2004, 08:47 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-basilisk4
@Oct 4 2004, 12:45 PM
That'll make a HUGE difference on my auto!  YAY!
Correct me if I'm wrong.... but I didn't thnk you could use a short shifter on an Automatic. [/b]
basilisk4 knows - he was just being funny...

And as for TWM reputation - yes, they are one of the most reputable, if not THE most reputable shortshifter makers in the states.

·
Premium Member
1,713 Posts
Originally posted by zoltiz@Oct 4 2004, 05:49 PM
basilisk4 knows - he was just being funny...

And as for TWM reputation - yes, they are one of the most reputable, if not THE most reputable shortshifter makers in the states.
sorry..... still kinda new to the forums.... not very "in tune" to everyone just yet.

sorry basilisk4.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Originally posted by onefunkyfreshdj@Oct 4 2004, 10:07 PM
sorry..... still kinda new to the forums.... not very "in tune" to everyone just yet.

sorry basilisk4.
No need to apologize -- I was just being a smartass, and apparently was not being as funny as I thought.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Not to be a stick in the mud, but does anyone really have a problem with their manual shifter? I like mine quite well and have gotten used to it really well.

I think the idea of a short shifter is cool, but afterall, will it make my car any faster than the $70 shift knob??

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by GA tC@Oct 4 2004, 10:17 PM
I think the idea of a short shifter is cool, but afterall, will it make my car any faster than the $70 shift knob??
No matter how funny it sounds - it actually might shave a tenth or two from the 1/4 times... I'm sure you can master the stock shifter to perfection, but short shifter can make shifting very fast even easier.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
hey! I'm the guy with the $70 shift knob! And you know what, I friggin love it. Yeah, I know that doesn't justify me spending money on something not as useful as say, LED light kit, or "protective" door sills, or the b-pillar appliques that some of you have, but I'll just say this: Momo rules. End of story. Sure I could've saved that money and put it towards something that has more real value, and I will in the future. It was an impulse that I acted on, and I'm pretty happy with the result. And to be honest, how many of you will actually want to shave those quarter mile or 0-60 times by fractions of a second by getting the short shifter? really..... wtf, I try not to judge people's decisions on upgrades and I certainly expect the same respect back, but hey, what do I know.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Alex, sorry if my little jab was that painful - wasn't meant to be (hence, the
smily). I guees me and, maybe, basilisk4 need to put a disclaimer in our sigs, somewhere along the lines of "Caution: has a weird sense of humor!".

I'm glad you like the shiftkob, and I agree than not every person dreams of shaving seconds off 1/4 times, so yes, mod "value" is subjective and for 99% of normal people they are an utter waste of money no matter what they are.

Anyway, it's all good

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Hey, I'm the one who spent $200-something on interior LEDs, and then spent 3 weeks buying various kinds of bulbs just to get a particular look in the front turn signals (with which I'm still not satisfied). =P

So, yea, we all make our own decisions on what we spend our money on. If you like Momo, then buy all the Momo stuff you want! It's not any dumber than any number of other things people spend their money on. If YOU like your shift knob, then it's money well spent! Hell, I didn't even need a new car, but I love my tC so I don't care. =)

·
Registered
99 Posts
Crap... Here I am trying to save for the s/c, and you post this... Well, at least I have something to look forward to in the mail...

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Originally posted by zesmitoda@Oct 5 2004, 11:16 PM
Crap... Here I am trying to save for the s/c, and you post this... Well, at least I have something to look forward to in the mail...
Cool, at least we'll have pics of the short shifter in the tC

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
hey guys...I think I was a bit cranky when I last posted, after a long day at school and work, many of you know what it's like, you come home and just one little itty bitty wincy thing can piss you off, so yeah, that was it. :c) It's all good, I don't hold anything against any of you and I know that nothing was meant to hurt, so my bad for bitchin. Anyways, I might get this thing down the road, after the more adventurous people post their experiences with the short shifter.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Glad you're having a better day today, Alex.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts