Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question: in my old 95 integra it was possible to actually turn off the ABS by starting the car, pulling the E-Brake up like 2 or 3 notches and driving for about a minute or two. during this time SUPPOSEDELY the actual brake wasnt touching the brake disks and it did no damage. anyhow after the 1 or 2 minutes passed the abs light would turn on to signify that ABS was off and you could put the E-Brake all the way back down and drive the integra as if it had threshold braking instead of ABS. is it posible to do this in the tC? im not planning on drifting or anything right now but i first started driving on a threshold braking Prelude and sumtimes i feel more comfortable with it. weird huh. anyway i wanted to know what u gurus had to say about it. i couldnt find anything in the search.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Might be a fuse that can be pulled out. I wouldn't mess with it, but researching in that area might help.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
I doubt it. EBFD means no proportioning valve, so if your wheel speed sensors aren't talking to the ABS, your brakes are going to be screwy. I'm sure there's a failsafe in the system, but I don't think it will result in excellent braking without ABS. Probably will result in lots of things working in failsafe mode to keep you from going fast.

FWIW, I have not tried this, it's just my speculation, but I'd be really surprised if the brakes will work properly without ABS.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah ur probably right as far as the whole failsafe system. i will say that im suprised that there is no option available buuuuuut i guess our tC's are to techy for that now. 95 was a while ago now.
::sniffle:: i will say tho that im glad i had to bring in the big guns for my question. LO BUX! uhhh are u sum sort of of flying car wheelless psychic driver/mechanic? how do u know everything? every forum has its resident brain... dare i say...you are the wizard of ystc.com's Oz?

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
I grew up with racecars and spent a lot of time in the garage. My dad told me it was a waste of time and I should learn electronics. So I have both disciplines fairly well covered and I've been doing this stuff for a very long time, long before many of you were born.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.