Scion tC Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody check this out yet? I saw it at the top of this site as an advertisment.

http://www.turbonator.com

There just isn't enough information given for me to feel right about it. If forced induction was that easy someone would have come up with it long ago, am I right?

Maybe it's not forced induction, maybe all it does is spin the air??? In that case, what do you think about that whole idea?

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
The theory is it reduces the thickness of the boundary layer on the walls of the intake tube. Most of the time this means absolutely nothing because the engine isn't using even 10% of the tube's capacity. It might make a slight difference at WOT, but it definitely does NOT do anything to change the flow dynamics in the combustion chamber as they claim.

Combustion chamber flow is entirely determined by the port/valve/cam timing parameters. There is nothing you can do upstream to change this.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
It's just another Slick50, Prolong, Tornado, etc., etc., schtick to get people to part with their money. If it really worked, the OEMs would have them already in place. Everything they can do to improve Corporate Average Fuel Economy (CAFE) is a plus, if there's something this cheap and effective, they'd be doing it for sure at the factory.

In truth there are certain types of airflow meters that would be very upset by this technology. The MkIII Supra uses a vortex style AFM, and a device like this could upset its ability to measure correctly. Just food for thought.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My opinion...

NEVER give your opinion on something you have never tested, out of all the posts in this thread there is but one person that has actually said that he used the product in question.

The rest were all talking sh8..

No offense, but alot of people look for knowledgable advice on these forums and it would really help if people didn't talk like they knew what they were talking about when they have absolutely no clue.

Sorry for venting but, it's about common decency.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Originally posted by incipit@Apr 20 2005, 07:27 PM
My opinion...

NEVER give your opinion on something you have never tested, out of all the posts in this thread there is but one person that has actually said that he used the product in question.

The rest were all talking sh8..

No offense, but alot of people look for knowledgable advice on these forums and it would really help if people didn't talk like they knew what they were talking about when they have absolutely no clue.

Sorry for venting but, it's about common decency.
Welcome to the forum noob... why don't you introduce yourself for your first post instead of coming into a thread and preaching to people who've been here for a while.

Back on topic, that product is junk. My sister (Victim of all scams) bought one for her 5 speed '04 jetta 2.0 n/a. She did claim that it gave her maybe another mile or two per gallon of gas, but that could be effected by soo many other things its impossible to prove that it is because of the tornado/turbojunker thing. She also said it made an annoying humming sound and was not as easy to install as they claim. needless to say she threw it away after realizing it was a waste of money. Don't bother. If it seems too good to be true, it is. They make their money on the hopes and dreams of ignorant people, don't be a fool... save your money and buy your mom something nice.... LOL

·
Registered
6 Posts
I never said the product wasn't junk, I just think people with experience should be the ones that comment and if anyone else without experience should state so, along with why they feel that way. Just saying a broad statement like "junk. stay away. " just isn't right.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Well thanks for you opinion, but there is no reason why this forum needs to be politically correct. I see nothing wrong with stating opinion with or without experience. It shouldn't take experiece with a product like that to know its junk. Welcome to the site by the way, but next time you see something like that, just let it go... its not a big deal... no harm, no foul.

·
Registered
4,507 Posts
Originally posted by Wolo@Apr 20 2005, 08:57 PM
Let me know how that works for you Eric. 
I'll wait for you at the bottom

Seriously though, these items have been around for a while and even though it would be nice for everyone to post supporting links to their claims that it's junk, enough people know about it already... At this point, w/ so many people who either A) know a lot about cars or B) have been on enough automotive forums, it's more or less common knowledge

**edited to add that 50% of what you read online is not true and another 99.9% of online statistics are made up on the spot**

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.