Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ran a turbo tC with BOV and FMIC driven by an older asian guy in this 30's or 40's. Color was dark blue, stock rims and lowered. No license plate. Are you on here? Nice ride.

·
Registered
508 Posts
if its the dark blue tc im thinking about depending on when you saw it, it might be the one that has been in magazines and has nitto up the side of it in vinyl. that cars motor was rebuilt from the bottom up and is all custom. its putting down over 500 horsepower and its turbo. i saw it in person one time at a car show in hershey pa. its a really nice car. i have a pic of it on my phone but i dont know how to transfer it over or if i even can. im sure someone else on here has the magazine with the car im talking about on the cover. i had it but i dont know where i put it.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
I seriously doubt the Jotech car is running around on the streets. It certainly doesn't run stock rims.

·
Registered
508 Posts
thats why i said depending on when he saw it the guy might have had it out for a test drive to see how its running before he ever fully finished the car. you know some people that build cars like that do drive them on the streets. not everyone builds a car like that and never drives it again.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Hey I raced an FM stock looking tC on the Highway with my stock tC (manual) ....lets just say I couldnt see his tailights after about 5-6 seconds...All I heard was an HKS BOV and his loud exhaust when he hit the gas when we were side by side...I love in the TwinCities (tC) Minnesota....

·
Registered
508 Posts
different brands of bov's have different sounds. if you are someone who is around them all the time you start to be able to tell the difference kinda like you can listen to the sound of an exhaust and be able to tell if its a civic or a wrx. or you can tell if its a mustang or a camaro. thats one of the reasons people buy a certain type of blow off valve bc they like the way say the hks sounds compared to a greddy version.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
I've never heard a BOV when I hit the gas. Ever. If I did, I'd be throwing that POS in the trash.

·
Registered
832 Posts
What Lance said was the other half of my point. I find that some people spout off what they've read in the magazines or catalogs exactly as it's printed there. usually ending with "kit" or including a brand name when just talking about a kind of product. i.e "NOSS"

·
Registered
508 Posts
well first of all you can hear the blow off valve when someone lets OFF of the gas as long as its not being recirculated back into the intake system. and why is it just bc someone knows the names of a couple brands does that automatically mean they are reading it from a magazine. it is possible that some people in this world have friends with turbo vehicles that have different brands of bov's between the vehicles. and if they didnt make different sounds then you wouldnt have people buying one bc of the way it sounds. some people are that dumb where they would rather buy one bc of the sound instead of how well it performs with there car. some vehicles run better when the bov is recirculated as appose to being dumped into the atmosphere. but some people dont care just bc they want to hear it everytime they let off the gas.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Originally posted by lo bux racer@Aug 4 2005, 01:31 AM
I've never heard a BOV when I hit the gas. Ever. If I did, I'd be throwing that POS in the trash.
Ya know they have those ebay bovs you can make them go off whenever...coool!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.