Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,504 Posts
Originally posted by imasaf@Aug 10 2004, 04:53 PM
Ok... so I know what a supercharger will do for an automatic. What will the turbo do for an automatic??
zoom...zoom?

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
A turbo would be much more efficient on your auto than a supercharger. A turbo holds boost on an automatic. Actually you'd notice a HUGE difference in power. And the 2.4L would spool a pretty good sized turbo up pretty quick!

·
Registered
197 Posts
it's true, a turbo on this engine with an auto would be way more powerful, but the supercharger adds the power through the whole powerband. I want to see a turbo kit out and see how long the turbo lag is, because if it's short enough I'd maybe consider it over the supercharger, but I really, really hate turbo lag...

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Thanks guys... this helps a lot... seems like the turbo... if they come out with one is the better choice for me. Now can I get the CAI with the Turbo??? Cause I read in other places that you really don't need both the CAI and the Supercharger... Is it the same idea here?? Sorry if I sound kinda car dumb... its because I am.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
NO, the cold air intake will be useless with the turbo. A turbo will completely re-route your intake system. I'd go into further detail, but I'd just confuse you... And I can tell you that TRD will NOT make a turbo kit for the tC. This is something that will come aftermarket and will void your warranty... so I'd wait till thats up. hope this helps some...

·
Registered
792 Posts
Originally posted by Plissken+Aug 10 2004, 05:56 PM-->QUOTE (Plissken @ Aug 10 2004, 05:56 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-imasaf
@Aug 10 2004, 04:53 PM
Ok... so I know what a supercharger will do for an automatic.  What will the turbo do for an automatic??
zoom...zoom? [/b]
yep.

Nathan
ycart1201

·
Registered
1,838 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
do blow off valves only work on manual? just curious

·
Registered
70 Posts
ehh....i dunno about them.....they would be cool for a while but i think that the noise would get a little annoying after a while....i dunno

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Uhh.. blow off valves are an essential part of any turbo set up. Its not an option. And trust me, if you've never owned a turbo car, you don't understand. They don't have to be loud... but man, they catch people's attention. They actually release all the built up pressure in the intake system that can't be used after you let off the gas. You can't go without one...

·
Registered
70 Posts
yea, u can adjust the pressure or something so therefore leading to how loud it would be, right?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts