Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know where to gat a turbo manifold for the TC, my buddy is giving me his stock MR2 turbo T3/4 but I can't find a Manifold

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
i have tried to erase that phrase from my vocabulary. "there's GOTTA be" or "someone HAS to know".
driving down the road on fumes, looking for a gas station, and you say " there's gotta be one over here".
no there doesnt.

·
Premium Member
16,504 Posts
Originally posted by inevitablegod@Jan 26 2005, 05:57 PM
i have tried to erase that phrase from my vocabulary. "there's GOTTA be" or "someone HAS to know".
driving down the road on fumes, looking for a gas station, and you say " there's gotta be one over here".
no there doesnt.
But D, there's just GOTTA be!!!

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
yeah, youre right. someone does know. selfish bastard wont give it up.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Originally posted by torqued@Jan 23 2005, 06:12 PM
Anyone know where to gat a turbo manifold for the TC, my buddy is giving me his stock MR2 turbo T3/4 but I can't find a Manifold
It's not a T3/4, the OEM turbo on a MkII MR2 is a CT26.

It's great that you're getting the hairdryer free, but there's a whole lot more to this than the usual slap on a turbo and go.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i know theres alot more to the project i have already got the intercooler the oil lines, water, and vacuum lines, I even have the feul and oil pumps as well as some larger injectors the only problem is that i cant put the puzzle together without all the pieces... know what I mean?

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Originally posted by torqued@Jan 27 2005, 02:47 AM
i know theres alot more to the project i have already got the intercooler the oil lines, water, and vacuum lines, I even have the feul and oil pumps as well as some larger injectors the only problem is that i cant put the puzzle together without all the pieces... know what I mean?
Sure. So how do you plan to teach the NA engine management to understand boost for fuel and timing? There's no manifold pressure sensor, and the maps don't go where you need to compensate for forced induction.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
did some reasearch on that all ready, using the unichip to re format the stock ecu to read for new fuel/air curves using lager injectors and fuel and oil pumps, upgraded fuel rail. planing on dropping the the compression ratio when pistons become avail.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sent a letter to the guys at turbo magazine they gave a list of things that might be useful and the names of some business down south that can help with the electronic stuff

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Originally posted by torqued@Jan 28 2005, 11:45 PM
did some reasearch on that all ready, using the unichip to re format the stock ecu to read for new fuel/air curves using lager injectors and fuel and oil pumps,  upgraded fuel rail. planing on dropping the the compression ratio when pistons become avail.
Unichip? I guess you've never worked with a Toyco ECM. They can't be chipped, there is no separate memory in a Toyco ECM, and they burn the code into ROM onboard the processor(s).

BTW, Superchips and JET have both been proven to be liars and thieves with Toyota products. I would not consider even attempting to work with them.

·
Registered
11,881 Posts
Originally posted by Plissken@Jan 29 2005, 04:03 PM
i think we need a "Try to stump Lance" section.
I agree with this, although he's great to have around. Good source of knowledge and all that.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
I just took a look at Unichip. They appear to know what they are doing, and my bet is they will recommend the HKS F-Con V for the tC. I surely would, and they clearly state it is the ideal piggyback/standalone for drive-by-wire engines. Add $1250 + tuning time to the bill.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yeah its a little pricer than the quoted me don't know if there the same products, I do know that it is a piggy back system, they also said they would forward the settings they are already using

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
GReddy is doing theirs with e-Manage. I don't know if e-Manage will convert a vacuum detecting engine to a boost detecting engine without some magic. I know a few guys who've had really good results with e-Manage on Supras, but I'd bet on the F-Con being the ideal solution to the problem.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Yeah, body work. I suck at painting and shaping body panels. I usually trade engine and transmission work for body work because I know I suck at it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.