Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys got great new...

www.turbo-kits.com

has a turbo for our machines now, I had a turbo from them in my honda and loved it, there instructions were awesome and I love their customer service...I have been waiting and waiting for them to produce a turbo and its finally here!

So I highly recommend them if you are in the market for a good turbo..they have been around forever and they won't cheat you on your money...I trust them with my money and thats good enough for me..

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
One word: Spearco. That alone gets my attention. If they said the header was equal length runners with a Burns collector, I'd have to think about it hard.

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Originally posted by lo bux racer@Oct 4 2005, 10:17 PM
One word: Spearco. That alone gets my attention. If they said the header was equal length runners with a Burns collector, I'd have to think about it hard.
As in Spearco is good? Or as in Spearco isn't? Please clarify.

-Ed

·
Registered
11,881 Posts
Spearco most definately is good.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Originally posted by lo bux racer@Oct 5 2005, 02:17 AM
not sure what you mean, Lance. What makes the kit that much more expensive? And is whatever it is worth the premium?

·
Registered
51 Posts
i am going to the bank this tomorow to order my kit! when will it be in? who the hell knows

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Originally posted by whosthatrussian+Oct 5 2005, 08:07 AM-->QUOTE (whosthatrussian @ Oct 5 2005, 08:07 AM)
<!--QuoteBegin-lo bux racer
@Oct 5 2005, 02:17 AM
One word: Spearco.  That alone gets my attention.  If they said the header was equal length runners with a Burns collector, I'd have to think about it hard.
not sure what you mean, Lance. What makes the kit that much more expensive? And is whatever it is worth the premium?[/b]
Quality components. Spearco is well known for their stuff. Burns stainless is THE collector manufacturer. Their exhaust pieces lead the pack, literally, in Nextel Cup racing, and a few other series as well. If I were building a tC header, I'd buy my stuff from Burns for sure.
Just look at how beautiful this piece is!

Nobody makes a better exhaust collector. That's part of why I was impressed with Scionspeed's claim - they said they were going to use a Burns collector on their header which also means they would have to have an equal length tube set up. Can't be beat for great power and broad torque.

I really don't care if the turbo is ball bearing or not. I still haven't seen conclusive proof of the marketing claims they make for improved spool up, but I know for certain that a hydrodynamic bearing like our rod and main bearings has less friction in service than any ball bearing. So, I'm still not convinced a plain bearing turbo is not as good as a ball bearing turbo, unless you're having reliability problems.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.