Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I just want to let you know that my Scion TC is getting some work done!!
I just dropped it off at Toyomoto for a turbo kit. For those of you who don’t know about Toyomoto, Toyomoto is a very well known performance shop located in Miami. They usually work on high performance Supras and Lexus's. Lance, the owner, is personally involved in the development of a full-blown turbo kit for the Scion TC and he is using my TC as a Guinea pig. He will be developing 2, maybe 3 different turbo kits for the TC. He is in the process of building 2 different exhaust manifolds and has 2 different turbos which he can test. He has a custom made high performance clutch and disk, front mount intercooler, 2 different computers including a Haltec, limited slip differential, external wastages, bigger injectors, uummm that is all I can remember now, but I will keep all of you posted as it progresses. I have no doubt in my mind that it will be a great kit, everything Toyomoto does is of high quality. I will get a dyno sheet to test before and after the turbo installation so we can compare. I have the utmost confidence in Toyomoto and know they will have a great product for everyone.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Good Luck...hope you don't need that warranty!!!

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Lance knows his stuff with Supras. I used to get confused people thinking I was him back in the day. Good luck with the kit, it's not rocket science except for the fuel system. I'm going to have to do some research into this, apparently there's an easy work around.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Originally posted by lo bux racer@Jun 10 2005, 04:23 PM
Lance knows his stuff with Supras. I used to get confused people thinking I was him back in the day. Good luck with the kit, it's not rocket science except for the fuel system. I'm going to have to do some research into this, apparently there's an easy work around.
You can use my car

·
Registered
658 Posts
Can't wait to see the results.
i wish i know some preformance shop here in Chicago. Well i know one in Blomingdale. I see only supras there, but i don't know anyone from the shop

·
Registered
11,881 Posts
Good luck with yours! I know someone that owns a shop in Auburn and they will be making a custom kit for the tC... only thing I have to pay for is parts. It'll be a nice system that's for sure

·
Registered
1 Posts
Originally posted by ScionGTR@Jun 13 2005, 12:51 PM
Can't wait to see the results.
i wish i know some preformance shop here in Chicago. Well i know one in Blomingdale. I see only supras there, but i don't know anyone from the shop
Sound Performance - those guys are great - stop by and say hi to them sometime - i have dealt on a business basis with them in the past many times - great group of people

James Innes

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Larry Prebis is the owner, and he's definitely the man when it comes to coolio Supras. Ask about Marco's 9 sec sleeper...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Originally posted by lo bux racer@Jun 21 2005, 05:34 PM
Larry Prebis is the owner, and he's definitely the man when it comes to coolio Supras. Ask about Marco's 9 sec sleeper...
It sounds like you should call and ask him about it since he has been in the 8's since early spring.

Don't bother calling them about a TC as I doubt they will touch it.

I'm sure Lance (from Toyomoto) will get the engine management running smoothly as its very similar to the IS300 that he has mastered (VVTI & TBY).

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Or Reg Reimer. He's been trying to get me on an F-Con V for a couple of years now.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.