Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
The first one is the JUN Supra. That video is pretty well known in the Supra world. I have the complete video in my archive.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Ryan's always had nice cars. His RSP he got in '98 was really beautiful. If I remember right he sold it and bought it back. He's done pretty well with WOTM.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Hey lobux, what's that poping/bang when he's goin down the track? Not a misfire, just backfire or something?

·
Registered
658 Posts
Turbo dreams is my fav. The soundtrack is awsome i justl ove it and the blue supra is so looking good. I have seen a guy here in Chi-town with the same color, but has some TRD stickers on the side. Ones i come back from the Elmhurst show i'll try to post some pics of the supras. Lance might recognize someone.

·
Registered
339 Posts
sounds to me like all that power hes pushin

i like the targa supra

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Originally posted by OliverThomas@Jun 8 2005, 12:31 PM
Hey lobux, what's that poping/bang when he's goin down the track? Not a misfire, just backfire or something?
I didn't hear popping or banging going down the track, but I did here plenty of popping and banging when he was staging. It sounds like he's got a two step in it. A two step lets you set an artificial redline for launch so you can mash the gas to the floor and the two step device holds your rpm at the ideal setting for launching the car, then as soon as the brake (or clutch) is released, the limiter is disabled and you get full rpm from the engine. They tend to make popping noises in the exhaust because they shut off spark, not fuel, so there's unburned fuel dumping into the exhaust for a brief time.

You can tell it's still a street car by the way it squats and jumps on the shifts...very soft suspension...I'd be proud of that run!

(FWIW, I've done 9's on bikes, but never in a car...)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.